Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: captmike's man journal

the sun was just rising. and it wasnt a whole tree just a log about 4-5 feet and sitting real low in the water

headed down to misquamicut this morning with my buddys father. lots of short REAL short fluke! only one keeper. hit some structure for a few porgys and a half dozen keeper sea bass. lots of 11-12.5inch fish. go figure! wind licked up with the tide, made it a little tough but i we had to steam in due to a doctors app.

Images
    At least you were catching. Sounds like our Sunday out there.
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

finally got offshore

went sharking friday night into saturday morning. eneded up with a dozen or so big blue dogs to 300 pounds. fought another fish in the dark for two hours befor seeing him. thought for sure it was a thresher. until i saw the bright blue dorsal fin of a big mako (350+#s) sticking out of the water! we grabbed the leader and the fish went nuts! couldnt get a dart or gaff in him! took off on another blistering run. got him back up and the second we went to grab the leader the 10/0 mustad hook bent out! never in my life seen a hook that big bend like that! although we had an official caught fish (leader in hand) we were hoping to bring this big girl home. gorgeous day and night on the water non the less. cant wait to get back out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    damn shame on the lose. That would have been nice to see. Looks like a fun trip.

Images
    Most big makos hardly ever get caught the hook bend out leaders break when things go wrong they do at the worse possible time i have been there and done that i have fought fish for 2 and half hours to have the line break so my heart goes out to you ,mark it down as memory's........
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Most big makos hardly ever get caught the hook bend out leaders break when things go wrong they do at the worse possible time i have been there and done that i have fought fish for 2 and half hours to have the line break so my heart goes out to you ,mark it down as memory's........
    thits it andy. thats all u can do. last year a couple of my buddys fought a giant for 18 hours and 20 minuts. just to have the fish dive under the boat and break off. i would rather lose the fish at two hours than 18!

Images
    18 freaking hours....Holy crap. I would have cried for a week.

2 man limit and a sea bass

took my girls brother out this morning to prospect for some new fluke grounds in the sound. had one 21" and a 15" sea bass along with a couple of shorts. started to head in and decided to take a look around a channel marker on my way in. (always liked fluking near channel markers) got up to it and marked a bunch of bait. dropped down one bounce we were doubled up! 23" and 21". ran right back to it and tripled up! (had a dead stick down) 19", 19", and 21"! went from on to a limit in 5 min! made a couple more drifts to see what else was there. had a couple more just about legal and a ton of shorts. even got my first double header of fluke. great morning. had a big blue early on with the spinning rod too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Nice job on the flats its always fun when you double up you think you have a jumbo on with the weight of two keepers .
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn