Thread: Centershot Ministries (Archery in Church)!!

Images

Centershot Ministries (Archery in Church)!!

All,

I'm am excited to be bringing this Archery based ministry to my church in Voluntown. My goal is to try to raise $3,200.00 to get this ministry up and running. To date I have raised about $1,500.00 so I'm about $800.00 short of my goal...it is my hope to have these funds raised by mid March, so I can order the required ministry kit, and then schedule the required certification training in April, so I can launch the program in mid May.

There are so many positives that can come of this...not only will we be able to bring more people to the sport of Archery, This isn't just for kids, but for adults as well, it can bring families together, and allow everyone to participate, and share with them the word of God.

I don't know where any of you are in your faith, and it's none of my business that is between you and God, and I'm not going to pass any judgment on anyone based on their belief or lack there-of.

If God puts it on your heart to made a donation to this ministry, please send your donation to:

Voluntown Baptist Church
    52 Main St
    Voluntown, CT 06351
    (Any amount would be graciously appreciated!)

If paying by check, please write "Centershot" in the memo section of the check, if submitting cash, please include a note indicating "Centershot" so the donation will go to the correct place.

A little about Centershot: Centershot Ministries is an interdenominational outreach ministry that uses the life-skill of archery as a tool that assists the local church to reach its' community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mission and Vision:

To provide the local church with a tool that will HELP evangelize, disciple, mentor and grow its church family. To inspire, serve and partner with, the local church to grow God's Kingdom in the local community.

Values:
    Glorify God
    Serve local churches
    Kingdom minded
    Families

Purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus Chris

This kit will handle a class size of about 12 students.
    The cost of a ministry kit is $2,200.00 which includes:
    Mathews Genesis Bows (original) non pink 3 RH and 1 LH
    Mathews Mini Genesis - non pink 1 RH and 1 LH
    Arrows (5 dozen)
    Morrell Eternity Target (80 cm) 3 each
    Morrell Mini Bra Target Cover 1 each
    BCY Arrow Curtain - (30'x10') 1 each
    Bow Holder (Holds 6 bows)

1 Ministry Tool Box (includes the following)
    Leader Guide, Curriculum Disk (print unlimited copies)
    Centershot Banner, 11 Steps and Draw Length Banner
    1 Ministry Tool Box (includes the following)
    Leader Guide, Curriculum Disk (print unlimited copies)
    25 Salvation Poem Cards, Membership Certificate
    Shipping is included in the $2,200.00

The extra $1,000.00 is to absorb some of the cost of the certification training associated with the ministry, as well as some of the printing costs for the curriculum workbooks.

I have been in contact with a Church in Rhode Island that currently has a Centershot program, and we are looking forward to getting together with that church to have some friendly competition between each other. I'd really like to see more churches bring this ministry to their community!

Please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acDgBD9q5ws

and then if you want to know more click on the link below.

To learn more about Centershot: www.centershotministries.org

I'd really like to challenge some of you other men to take a look at this, and consider bringing it to your church, what a great way to get involved not only with your church but with your community, and it can also shed a positive light on the sport of archery...if you need any help please feel free to give me a call.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

~ Van
    I suffer from seasonal depression.....If it's not hunting season...I'm depressed! -- ME!

I don't belong to a church, nor do I have alot of knowlage of the subject. I tend to lean more to the original Native American ways. However how many instructors do you have or need? I would enjoy helping to get kids involved and conecting with nature for sure!
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"

Images
    Ed, Thanks for the response, We currently have as many instructors that we need, but I will keep you in mind should our program grow to where we need more! We are going to have at a minimum of 4 certified instructors...in case we run more than 1 session per week, we can split the instructors up. The great thing about it is, is that once we are certified we can then certify others...the certification is the same certification that NASP (National Archer in the Schools Program) instructors are certified at.

There are a bunch of us that are trying to get the school to adopt the NASP program here in Voluntown, which I am trying to gather as much information about the programs as I can so we can go with the PE Teacher to the Superintendent with the information to plead our case, and show that it is a safe, and educational program, that will help students on so many levels.

Archery teaches so many skills to children, patience, stability, agility, math concepts (computing KE), distance, speed..the list goes on..it is also proven that kids love shooting so much that it also has a positive effect on their behavior, so there are less discipline problems with children that participate in a NASP type program.

I really encourage you guys that are interested in this to pursue this..it will be a very rewarding experience, and it's something that I'm looking forward to helping bring to our community.

Think about all those kids they are the future voters....these kids that we are teaching today could influence the future of our hunting experience here in Connecticut!

~ Van
    I suffer from seasonal depression.....If it's not hunting season...I'm depressed! -- ME!

2012 CTHS Supporter bobbythehunter's Avatar
    Images

no problem van

Sounds like a great program Van. Check is on the way! Good luck I know you'll reach your goal.

I will also be sending you some help for sure. Also I would realy be interested on getting certified as an instructor. I had thought about advertising in the Turnpike to help kids/adults who like to shoot but don't have anyone to teach them how. I am by no means a pro but I can get someone on the right track to shooting better. Maybe even get them into the woods, with nature and Manitoo "The Great Spirit"/God!

Or at least maybe in the future when my company( Matress Manufacturing) falls in the toilet I can go to work at Cabelas or something!
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"

Images

Many Thanks!

Thanks for the support guys!

Andy, thanks for allowing me to share this with the group!!

Ed, I'll let you know when we are going to have the guy come for the training...if you want to pay for yourself I don't have a problem with you sitting in with us...I think it's like $55.00 per person to get the Certification from Centershot.

Bobby, Thank you very much, I am very optimistic about this program, It has been very positively received not only from the people in my church, but others in the community..and that's what it is about...this is about bringing the community together.

Myself, and a few other parents are pushing hard for NASP in Voluntown...the superintendent has not totally shut the door on the program, so I am gathering all the info that I can on it, so we can go in with as much ammo as we can! I wish other schools in the area would look at it as well, if N. Stonington, Stonington, Griswold, Sterling...would get into the program it would be awesome!

~ Van

2011 site supporter Balloon Hunter Champion joemichael's Avatar
    Sounds like an excellent ministry. What a great way to pass the sport of archery on to the next generation, and more importantly, to teach them about Christ. I will send a check to your church.

Images
    Andy, thanks for allowing me to share this with the group!!
    Van i think this is a great thing your doing ,if there is anything else i can do to help let me know i will do my best to help you out.
    ~~Andy~~
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joemichael View Post
    Sounds like an excellent ministry. What a great way to pass the sport of archery on to the next generation, and more importantly, to teach them about Christ. I will send a check to your church.
    Thanks, It's my hope that I'll be able to return the favor! You seem to have the passion to maybe present this to your own church! Let me know if you are interested!!

~ Van

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Van i think this is a great thing your doing ,if there is anything else i can do to help let me know i will do my best to help you out.
    ~~Andy~~
    Andy, once again, many thanks, but you've already helped by allowing me to post this thread on here and get the word out!

~ Van