Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ammo for the New Shotgun

14 pointer
    Images

Re: New Ammo for the New Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by ct swamp hunter
    No I have not seen any 16 ga. but, I will take a look the next time I go out.

As far as the test results go it will have to wait till you or Allen are free. I am not with Putnam anymore. I still want to get a scope for it anyway.
    Hey Swamp,
    Here's a little tip for ya on getting that slugger sighted in when you get your scope; ''This is for .12ga. guns only.''
    After mounting scope on rifle, take the barrel off and lay it on bench as if your ready to bore sight. Take a .20 ga. hull, ''empty shotgun shell'', and knock the primer out. Insert the hull in muzzel of your .12 ga. Take another .20 ga. hull, primer removed, and put it in the chamber. You now have a sighting hole much smaller than that of the .12 ga. and you will be able to get a tighter group much quicker, and much cheaper. Hope I made sense of how to do this. I had a stroke and sometimes don't make sense of what I'm trying to explain.
    Kenny

Cal45

That's a pretty nifty idea Kenny. Bore sighting the 12 ga. by eye using 20 ga. shells. I use to do that with center fire rifles. Set it up and try to center a flower or something in the bore and then set the cross hairs to the object. Worked really great once. Rest of the time it was somewhat close.

CT SwampHunter

Slightly confused, I think I would have to see it done to fully understand. ??? :

14 pointer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ct swamphunter
    Slightly confused, I think I would have to see it done to fully understand. ??? :
    What part did I confuse you on? If it's about the hulls, you put one in each end of the barell. They will stop right at the rim of the brass. They won't fall into your barrel. If you know someone who reloads they would probably be happy to give you a couple of 20 ga. hulls with primers knocked out.
    Kenny

CT SwampHunter

Quote Originally Posted by hunterfisher
    Quote Originally Posted by ct swamphunter
    What part did I confuse you on? If it's about the hulls, you put one in each end of the barell. They will stop right at the rim of the brass. They won't fall into your barrel. If you know someone who reloads they would probably be happy to give you a couple of 20 ga. hulls with primers knocked out.
    Kenny
    DUH, Now I get it. I must have been having a senior moment.
    That sounds like it should get ya in the ball park. I think I will have to experiment.

14 pointer
    Images

Hey Swamp,
    Talk about having a senior moment, I can't even explain things right. I was just going through my shooting box and came upon the hulls I used to use. ''I goofed''. :-[ A 20 ga. hull goes in the muzzel but, it's a ''12 ga. hull, primer removed',' that goes in the chamber. I'm very sorry about this, no wonder you were confused. I just turned 63 but I swear, I think my mind is 93. Please forgive me.
    Kenny

CT SwampHunter

hunterfisher, Not a problem. As you know it happens to the best of us.