Thread: Ground rules

Ground rules

I volunteered to participate on CTHunting-N-Shooting, I was not assigned by DEP or the EnCon Police. I requested permission from the department to participate on the site as a form of public outreach. You are our “customer base” and I thought it would be a good way to build better customer relations between our agency and sportsmen, while at the same time providing you with an avenue to ask questions and give us constructive input. For the most part it has been an enjoyable experience here.

If you don’t like a law or regulation then contact your State Representative or State Senator and let them know how and why you would like a law or regulation changed. Posting uninformed, ignorant remarks on an online forum is not the way to effect change. When the licensing fees were increased last year, the hunting and fishing members of the public voiced their displeasure over the increases but they also got together and took action. They sent letters, emails and made calls to the people who write the laws, their elected representatives, to seek a remedy. It must have worked as there was a reduction in the fee increase. We don’t make the laws, we only enforce what the legislature enacts.

While I am not opposed to constructive criticism, I will not participate here if this site is going to be used as a forum to bash the DEP or EnCon Police. I’m not saying that you have to be a bunch of “yes men”. You can call me stupid, ugly, fat, boring or a bad fisherman, I’m a big boy, I can handle it. But, I will not tolerate insolent comments being posted about our officers or our department by members. I have been a police officer for over 35 years. I think by now I know how to interpret a statute or regulation and determine what constitutes a violation and what does not. My real name is at the bottom of every one of my posts – for those keyboard commandos out there who want to post inflammatory comments then hide behind an online handle – if you are such experts at law enforcement and think that you can do a better job than me or any of our officers then I suggest that you take our next test and put your money where your mouth….or in this case, your keyboard is. Our laws and regulations are what guide us. We base our actions on the laws and regulations that we are empowered to enforce, not on what you like or don’t like. If someone gets a ticket for a fish that is 1 inch too short, that’s the way it is. It’s a violation of the law and enforcement action is taken.

Bottom line, if you want me to continue participating here I will. However, if the same types of impertinent and offensive comments are posted about DEP or our officers than I’m gone. If you have a legitimate complaint about one of our officers and you don’t know how to proceed, send me a PM. We will follow up on it. We have already conducted internal investigations into actions of some of our officers based on information that I received here on the forum.

If you have a problem with actions taken by the DEP or any other division within the agency then you need to contact that division directly and express your concerns. They can't fix what's broken if they don't know about it. If you don't know who to contact send me a PM or ask in a posting, I'll direct you to the the proper person or office.

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    I, for one, value your support to this forum. It is without any doubt that I say: Your comments, replies, and daily activity are the most valuable resource to this forum. -and I really like reading about the monthly arrests/citations.
    Without your contributions for setting the records straight, there would be a lot more people confused/lost about CT hunting/fishing laws and guidelines.

!!Thank You!!
    -Erik Rice-

Images
    As of right now anyone who bashes ENCON or anyone in the wildlife will have their account closed and they will be removed from the site.
    This thread is closed......

Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn