Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hines Family Journal

Go for deer, good weather for them

CTHS Supporter Conquer Antartica Champion Broadhead Joe's Avatar

10-10-11

The wife and kids came home from a weekend in New York so I grabbed the kids and took them out fishing. We packed some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and went to a small pond not too far from the house. It wasnít too long ago that I would be setting up their poles, baiting their hooks and casting for them. Not today. They had it all set and we had a blast. I sat back and watched them for a while as I ate my sandwich. They knocked them dead. Morgan caught about ten nice sized pumpkinseeds a couple of bluegill, a yellow perch and a largemouth. Joseph caught six pumpkinseeds, four yellow perch, and two white perch. Toss in a few pumpkinseed, a bass and some perch for me and we had a pretty good day. Of course we took the fisherman oath not to tell anyone about our secret spot. Looks like a fish fry tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Great post Great pictures thanks for sharing with us ,i love it when someone takes time out of their life's and takes their kids fishing or hunting ,our future outdoors ...
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

11-14-11

This year I tagged out during bow season for the first time. This is a proud accomplishment but not my most rewarding this year. I have been hunting for a few years and have taken deer, turkey, ducks, geese rabbits, squirrels and pheasant. It seemed this year each hunt and each deer had its own new challenges. Be it challenging blood trails, busted does or just long drags out of the woods it was a bow season that tested me. For the past couple years, I have always taken my deer to a butcher to have the hard work done. The deer meat was always great but something was missing; this year I wanted to try to be self sufficient in my hunting experience. With all my deer this year I have done all my own butchering and while not perfect I didnít do a bad job at all. I also have tanned my first deer hide. These challenges and new experiences have really provided for a rewarding and complete hunting experience.

14 pointer Feed Mo Champion Quinnsolo12's Avatar
    Images
    Your livin'!!!!
    Haha nice job tagging out. I'm thinking this year might be the year for me also. We'll see.
    Definitely rewarding though.
    To succeed where others fail, go where others fail to go.

Christmas 2011

My Dad is 87 years old. He raised nine children. Was a Marine in WWII and received two purple hearts. He now lives in North Carolina next door to my older sister. The years have taken their toll on him; surviving two strokes, a heart attack, a bout with cancer and is now living with COPD and emphysema. He buried his wife of 40 years almost ten years ago now. His time with us is running short. He taught me how to fish at a young age and we went fishing as often as possible. Freshwater, salt water, surfcasting or trolling we caught more than our share. As time went on I had kids and taught them the lessons he taught me. Be it about fishing or life. After his first stroke, almost 9 years ago, he lost some of the use in one of his hands. Fishing with he and the kids often found me running from one pole to the other fixing things. I took the family to see him for Christmas. More than likely for the last time. On Christmas Eve the weather was nice and I saw a window of opportunity. With my Brother In-Laws help I took my father and the kids down to the boat. We assisted him getting on and we shoved off. We went out for about two hours. We did not catch anything but as I sat in the back of the boat watching him fish and chat with my son I realized how blessed I am to have had a Father like him. I could not have asked for a better Christmas.

thats awsome man! my dad has copd and drinks like a fish. never been exactly the best habbits. i never thought he would make it this long. he is actually healthier now then years ago. he is by best friend and tought me all the same things. i can only imagine what ur feeling. hope he hangs in there. at least he has made it 87 years. my dad is only 60. man i hope he could pull out another 27! maybe there is hope yet. glad u got to get him back out man.