Thread: Copyright Laws

Images

Copyright Laws

It has been brought to my attention that people are hiring folks to hunt down and give warning to those that break the law or prosecute those that break the copy right laws.
    One thing i dont need is to have a lawsuit .

Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:
    1) Only post a small sample of the article (1-2 Paragraphs)

2) Include a link to the original content with this sample.

Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in your account being locked.

Background:
    These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content

Moderators take heed to this warning and if it looks like it is something that a person cut and paste an article from another website tell that person that your removing that article and do so.

Andy

Thumbs up

Pay close attention to this rule, guys. We don't need any lawsuits here at CTHS.

Cal45
    I have, in the past copied and pasted a couple of articles from another site. What I did was first got permission from the author of the article and then permission from the administrator of the site. I will keep an eye out for this.

smokepole
    I guess I'm the main one at fault here. Andy I apologize if I caused you an problems.
    I searched the web for news articles pertaining to both hunting & fishing in hopes that those site members that don't have time to search the web could read some well written articles while here on site.

I will no long post these articles and again I apologize to Andy and the other site members .

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar
    i am another one at fault,i to I apologize to everyone

I am a mod at another forum, and I notified Andy of this issue. No one here has done anything that has caused any trouble. Smokepole, BigOutdoors, I actually LIKE the large amounts of state based hunting news/articles you guys post. I look forward to skimming through the list of new posts and reading what is going on in the states around CT. I guess the solution to the problem is to post links, therefore we are no posting a completely copied article. We have started posting the 1st paragraph, then the link to the whole article. That way someone can start reading it and decide if they want to follow the link to the rest of the story.

Please be comforted in he fact that NO ONE has done anything wrong, we are just looking to AVOID any trouble.

Images
    I also post articles but always include a link to give credit to the location of the article. I've started posting just a paragraph with a read more link to the full article now. it's easy enough to do so please don't stop sharing articles you might find interesting to the forum members. If anyone needs help posting them with the links let one of the moderators know and we can gladly help you out.

Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63