View Poll Results: Do u hunt from a treestand or ground during shot&muzzleloader

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • treestands only

0 0%
  • still hunt on ground or use blinds

9 34.62%
  • both

17 65.38%

Thread: During Shotgun and muzzleloader

Images

During Shotgun and muzzleloader

During shotgun and muzzleloader I gererally hunt from treestands as I due during bow. Do you do the same or do you still hunt from the ground or track?

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    I primarily hunt from a tree stand b/c my properties are on the smaller side and I don't hunt state land during the firearm season except for bow only areas. But I have taken some walks and will consider using a blind if the oppurtunity is there.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    I always hunt on the ground due to a back injury. Last year was the first time I hunted using the xbow only and i found that though I really enjoy the bow hunting I did miss using the Muzzle loader; surprisingly I didn't miss using the shotgun at all.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Cal45
    I always hunt from the ground. I have bad knees and am over weight. usually I flop down on a tree stump somewhere. If I ever get to it I want to make a tree seat out of a piece of plywood that I saw somewhere. Rope goes from one side around the tree and into the other side. One side is keyholed for adjustment. Screw in tree step on the back of the tree to keep the rope from sliding down.

10 Point
    Cal, i have a tree seat from cabelas? took it out of the box to try it, never been in the woods. If i can find it and your interested you can have it. Lemme know..............

Tree seat
    Last edited by *HuntЯ*; 08-24-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Oldfarmsblueman
    I love the tree stands because you can see farther.After I get down I
    will walk and look for fresh sign or a new place for a stand.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I usually hunt from the ground with guns. I figure with a firearm, a treestand is un-neccasary weight to carry out while I'm dragging a deer. After bowhunting for so long, it's just too easy to kill a deer with a gun from a stand.
    I may not even buy gun tags this year. If I still have archery tags, I'll continue to hunt with the bow during the gun season.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Always on the ground, or in a blind with a gun.

I like the still hunt with Shotgun/ Muzzleloader. But it depends on the day! Where I am at! If I am out of work late. I walk. If I have all day I might sit the stand till afternoon. Then still hunt out! If it is rainy I will hit the blind. No need to get wet if I dont have to lol! Bow I am in the stands as long as I can. I am thinking of still hunting with my long bow!

" Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"