Thread: dead on range finder for archery

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images

dead on range finder for archery

Does anyone have any personal experience with this type of ranging?

or possibly, personal opinions based upon reading how this gizmo works?

http://www.deadonrangefinder.com:80/

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    I've read several reviews on the leupold rang finder attached to the bow in the various hunting magazines, but they rarely ever say anything bad about a product. I think I would rather range the several shooting lanes around me and put the range finder away.

Just an FYI if any product that is electric is used on a bow for a kill the animal can NOT be entered into the P&Y record books. This includes sight rheostats.

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    and to add to the problem its not legal in idaho, so can't be used for your elk hunt! But can be used in CT, MA, ME, VT and NH in our area.

http://www.leupold.com/_pdfs/vendetta_legalstates.pdf

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    Yeah, the "dead-on" product uses no electrical power. it simply uses guide-posts to mark from the animal's belly to the ridge of the back.
    accuracy from this would vary from person to person. I would think that it could be within 10-15% accuracy.
    I am looking for feedback from others.

I clicked on the title and it broght me to the leupold range finder, guess I should have read better!

Cal45
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodusHunter View Post
    I've read several reviews on the leupold rang finder attached to the bow in the various hunting magazines, but they rarely ever say anything bad about a product. I think I would rather range the several shooting lanes around me and put the range finder away.

Just an FYI if any product that is electric is used on a bow for a kill the animal can NOT be entered into the P&Y record books. This includes sight rheostats.

P&Y will also not recongnize an animal taken with a crossbow. And they are about archery. There's my offering!
    I have a Bushnell Laser range finder. I just wish it could find itself. I last used it about four years ago and now I don't know what I did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal45 View Post
    I have a Bushnell Laser range finder. I just wish it could find itself. I last used it about four years ago and now I don't know what I did with it.

I have no experience using this rangefinder, but for 20.00... who knows?

Oh, and Cal, i'm kinda in the same boat, I last used my digital camera about a month ago, where I left it or where it went ....who knows?

Images
    This is the first I see one of these. Looks pretty cool and for only $20 I don't think you can go wrong I might just buy one myself.

Cal45
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I have no experience using this rangefinder, but for 20.00... who knows?

Oh, and Cal, i'm kinda in the same boat, I last used my digital camera about a month ago, where I left it or where it went ....who knows?
    I have two sons in their early thirties.They "borrow" things and don't ask. Couple of weeks back my youngest was taking a fridge out of my house to take to the transfer station. I told him there was a hand truck up in the shed on the hill. He goes up and can't find it. He asks me what color it is. I say "It's yellow". Then he says "OH! I have that at my house". But usually when something is gone it was taken by "NOT ME".

10 Point
    I was looking at that range finder yesterday, looks to be a cool gadget. Only problem is deer dont stand still very long and for me trying to line up dots and pick pin colors quickly aint gonna happen.