Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Ed) Spotted Crow's Journal

Well all went well in NH our beagle was great! The ear thing must have been something to do with the drops. It has gotten much better. We had a fantastic time in NH. I got to see my first Moose live. WOW they are huge, and this only put fuel to the fire of wanting to hunt one. After returning home, I went out to check my trail cam and do some fishing. I had a few pics on my cam, none worth poasting. Had a pic of the buck I am after but it was a far shot and he had his head down, could only see the top of his head and some of his body. But as for the fishing , that was a great day. Caught a lot. including a 5lb Large Mouth. That being my first of that size! I will be having it mounted!

Well it has been a bit figured I'd write something.
    Been having Truck issues getting frustrated with it. I starts randomly. I think I have it narrowed to the distributor cap. We shall see. On a brighter note I just ordered another trail camera. the Moultrie D55 should be in soon.
    Nothing else realy exiting going on. Had my Birthday, came and went just like any other day! Next year will be the BIG 40 uhhg. I know it's not that old but........ I guess this means I get to have my mid life ..... :icon_hang:

For starters I CUT MY HAIR SHORT! I am not to sure if I regret it or not yet! But my wife seems to like it alot more. So I guess it was for the best.

Put the New Moultrie D55 out this weekend. I can not wait to see what happens. I tried the walk by test. Holy crap it is so much faster then the D50.
    I walked prety fast by and it caught me almost dead center! PLus I found a new spot with 6 intersecting trails within a small open area, perfect for a camera. I dont know why I did not see it before. If it plays out like I think, I may move a stand there! I have also found another spot a few miles from my other 2. It looks very healthy! I did not see any signs of hunting. So I am hoping the pressure is low. Not to many know that this is a legal state area! It pays to look! After the season gets under way, I will put a camera over there as I hunt my other stands. If I score early or if my spots don't pan out! I will head over there. MAN I JUST CAN NOT WAIT UNTILL SEPT.15TH It consumes my every thought!
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"

We had a company outing this weekend. We went to Gillette Stadium for a Revolution Soccer game. IT WAS BORING! The stadium was cool, first time going.
    Also stopped in at the Bass Pro. My Bow is almost complete. I just have to add my dropaway rest. then it will be all it can be! I had a small problem with it being too loud. I don't know if it was the HindSight ( I took it off) I added some Limb Savers and put the peep back on. Also I had a new Cable Slide put on. The Bow is SO SHHHHH now!

Season is so close now, I can feel it. It's all I think about, or try too.
    I realy can not wait!
    Went out Sunday to move a Trail Cam. Had a real cool moment. I had 7 Deer total feeding within a few yards. Gives me total confidence in my wash and sneeky tactics.
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"

I Traded my PSE Bruin the other day for the QAD Ultra Rest HD. I know that I jipped myself a little. But It went to a good local shop. The problem was , the package was missing most of the accessories. So I had contact QAD. They sent me all the things that were MIA, free of charge! I am still waiting on the secong package to come in. Should be today! I can not wait to shoot it.

I will head out on Sunday to check the newest spot. I have a cam set up, and I have a good feeling about it. I think there is a Big Buck hanging out there! I hope so anywho! We shall see!

Al went well with QAD. It is great!
    It is Sept.9 yep almost time. I am overly exstatic. I feel like an 8 year old boy, and it's Dec. 23. and I know I am getting everything I asked for!

I have put out 3 hanging stands. I also have a few other spots for my climber and blind. I am going to buy the 2 person stand for Brit and I. I can not wait to get out there with her. I am very happy that at least one of my girls wants to something with me. I hope my oldest comes around and sees what is realy going on in life. If she don't she is not going to enjoy Her life as a woman!

Oh yeah I hope to put Brit on a nice Buck for her first Deer. I have scouted a few nice ones so it should happen! But it is so close now. Starting to feel the fall in the air. It feels so good! I can not wait!

WOW, I did not realize how long it has been. Dear Diary lmao.
    Nov. 8th. Snow. Yep SNOW. I have taken my first Buck Mid.September. What an amazing feeling. I hope to share this with Briteny soon. My Wife Rebecca, has taken first place in the Minni Cheer Competition. She has coached for 8 years, and has fell short so many times. Well over due. Now this being her last year,(maybe). She goes out with a bang. Nice.
    A few weeks ago, I nearly drowned myself. I tipped over in the Kyak, water was very cold and deep in the spot I flipped. Of course, the majority of the River was Knee deep at best. But I tip in one of the deepest. May have been for the best. I could have whacked my noggin. I am a bit leary now when on the water, but I can not let that get to me.

Anywho, Nov. 8th. Work has been slow. I have the day off AGAIN! Good and bad. Bad MONEY. Good. I'm off to my stand. I put up the climber in a new spot. Alot of Srapes and Rubs. Fingers crossed.
    I have had one of my c ameras stolen, and I have had some guy walk in tring to grab my Canoe. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. UNREAL..

But I'm off. Hope to write back with a pic and a tale of the HUNT!

As usualy SOMETHING happened. I glidded across the river this Am on the Kyak. I was a bit uneasy so I went across at a slow spot. But the otherside had not much to get out on. With the SNOW, it was not so easy. I worked up a sweat. Gloves got wet. Not even near my stand yet. So I got there. I was DAMP. Just as I started to get cold, I see movement. Yep it's a Buck. Woohoo. He walks around for about 20 min. THen ***POOF** gone. I hear pitter patter behind me. I turn DAMN YOTE. GRRR. No shot at alll. But Im guess thats why he took off. Oh well, I was FREEZING. Came home to dry off. Grap some coffee and eats. Im set up on a ridge point. with 2 draws going up both sides. About 200 yards out of his bedroom. So he should be there. Heading back out SOON.!

Images
    ATABOY Crow keep after him he will make a mistake..
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

LMAO once again I screwed it up....
    About 3 ish, I see orange walking around. I flash the lights at him. He waves and walks away. Now that I do not mind at all. Respect. 4:30 was comming quick so, I pack up. I had to cross the Raging River of Death. SO I didnt want to do it in the dark. I decided to pack out my climber. So with all on my back. I head out. Knowing he was walking around. But I put my release away. DUMB DUMMMMMBBBYYY...
    I was walking at a prety good click. I round a small corner,

. DOE"S

10 yards. One in the path the other on the edge. I freeze. I go to grab an arrow slow. Ohh yeah DUMMMBBYYYY you took off your release. So I go into my pocket. THey were just standing there watching.
    ( I love My Vertigo) if there is a little bit of Snow on the ground Forget it. I could lay there and you could't see me) But as I slide it from my Pocket, they see me moving a little. They spin and GONE! Another moment in the Ed Factor! PS: as I am writting this I'am thinking to myself, Self." Why did you not shoot with your fingers?" Cuz You're a DUMMB DUMMMBYY
    Last edited by Spotted Crow; 11-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.