Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EnCon Tree Stand Question

Cal45

EnCon Tree Stand Question

I saw on another thread here that tree stands on state land have to be removed after the season is over. I never heard of this and know I have seen stands on state land well after the season has ended. I looked in the abstract and all it says about tree stands on state properties is: The construction or placement of permanent tree stands involving damage to any tree or shrub is prohibited. The use of portable tree stands is permissible. The use of a full-body safety harness when using a tree stand is strongly recomended.
    Do stands need to be removed by law after the season has ended?

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Maybe they weren't left there, maybe they were put up early....REAL early.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    If you were to leave the stand in the woods, would that not make it a permanent stand?!?!?! Thus going against the permanent stand rule

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    Moodus, I don't think so. just like a portable "tarp and pole" garage on people's property. If you leave it up all year, it is still portable. (building taxes are not applied).

So, as long as the stand is not Permanent (not bolted or nailed to a tree) it should be fine. at least I hope that is the way I read the rule book becuase my x-large ladder stand has been leaning against the same tree on state land for 3 yrs now.

SwampYankee
    That was me Cal & it happened EnCon did it I know most wardens will not go looking anyways unless someone complains but after that I wont chance it or fear someone will steal it even on private. If I was looking to steal stands that is when I would go I would never get caught in July with all those bugs protecting me.

There is no requirement to remove it, however there is a prohibition against building permanent stands on state land. The biggest issue you have to contend with is someone stealing it, the next issue is showing up at your spot and finding someone sitting in your stand.

Cal45
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
    That was me Cal & it happened EnCon did it I know most wardens will not go looking anyways unless someone complains but after that I wont chance it or fear someone will steal it even on private. If I was looking to steal stands that is when I would go I would never get caught in July with all those bugs protecting me.

Since there is no law saying it has to be removed I will assume that:
    1) The stand was being used for illegal activity or
    2) The guys were not really EnCon or
    3) They should not have been removing the stands.

SwampYankee
    No he is real. His reasoning was if left there it will damage the tree because straps & chain will grow into the tree plus this guy is hard core he is allways in the woods on foot checking things out he is hardcore. I dont see that around here since the Pico days.

Cal45
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
    No he is real. His reasoning was if left there it will damage the tree because straps & chain will grow into the tree plus this guy is hard core he is allways in the woods on foot checking things out he is hardcore. I dont see that around here since the Pico days.
    Pico and Debella. Now there was a pair!

SwampYankee
    There ya go what happened to those guys?