Thread: Youth Turkey hunting training days

Images

Youth Turkey hunting training days

CT has had Junior hunting training days for a few years now but this year those that hunt turkey get an extra day and extended hunting hours.

CT Junior hunter Training Days

SPRING TURKEY - SATURDAY, APRIL 17 and SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2010
    Private Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a valid spring season private land turkey permit and written consent from landowner. Adult mentor must have a valid spring season turkey permit and written consent from the landowner. Adult mentor may assist in calling turkeys. Hunting hours for Junior Hunter Training Days only: 1/2 hour before sunrise to 5:00pm. Harvested turkeys must be tagged and reported (more info).

State Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a spring season state land turkey permit. Adult mentor must have a valid spring season turkey permit. Adult mentor may assist in calling turkeys. Hunting hours for Junior Hunter Training Days only: 1/2 hour before sunrise to 5:00pm. Harvested turkeys must be tagged and reported (more info).
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

Cal45
    Thanks for posting this info.

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    its a great idea to help keep the kids into the sport. I wish I had someone to take out myself. I've tried with the neighbors kids, one is interested but parents are worried. The dad might go out with us the first few times until an understanding of what happens is achieved. I hunt turkey's with only the bow so its safer then with a gun.