Thread: Snow Geese

Snow Geese

I am not a goose hunter but if I was I would definatly think of taking a trip to Delaware. I was working down in delaware two weeks ago after they got pounded with 33 inches of snow. The sky in the evening was full of snow geese I would guess thair were 3 to 4 thousand geese in the sky at one time they were in v's like canadian geese fly in but thair were hundreds of v's in the air. It only took about 4 hours to get there from connecticut. I looked at Delawares game laws and the snow goose season is open untill April 17, no bag limit no plug in your shot gun and you can use electronic goose calls. Just figured I would pass that info on I didn't realize that the snow geese came this far north. Maby they taste like crap thats why they are so over populated?

http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Pages/FWPortal.aspx

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks for the info Matt. I definately like hunting geese, and we take a snow goose from time-to-time here in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am not a goose hunter but if I was I would definatly think of taking a trip to Delaware. I was working down in delaware two weeks ago after they got pounded with 33 inches of snow. The sky in the evening was full of snow geese I would guess thair were 3 to 4 thousand geese in the sky at one time they were in v's like canadian geese fly in but thair were hundreds of v's in the air. It only took about 4 hours to get there from connecticut. I looked at Delawares game laws and the snow goose season is open untill April 17, no bag limit no plug in your shot gun and you can use electronic goose calls. Just figured I would pass that info on I didn't realize that the snow geese came this far north. Maby they taste like crap thats why they are so over populated?

http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Pages/FWPortal.aspx