Thread: Bowfishing in CT

Images

Bowfishing in CT

Is it legal to shoot fish(carp and suckers) in CT with my bow(Bowfishing)?

"Go afield with a good attitude,with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." FRED BEAR

SwampYankee
    Carp, Suckers, Lampray only. No lakes & ponds. rivers only need fishing & bow Lic. And no bow fishing in rivers where Trout are stocked. CT & Thames I think are the only ones that qualify but you need to be dam shure where that fine line is at the mouth of rivers like the Farmington & scantic rivers enter the CT river. We used to do it at the CT river in So. Windsor used to be alot of big carp there in the 80s now I donot know the tough part was finding calm waters to see them with the light. the best place was near the farmington but we couldnot understand exactly where that line was I could not get a strait answer from the DEP oficer that patroled that area.

What Swampyankee said (thanks!), you need a fishing license and can't bowfish in trout stocking areas.

EnCon can you Bow Fishing in the sound? for blues?

Quote Originally Posted by pb4life1200 View Post
    EnCon can you Bow Fishing in the sound? for blues?
    I honestly don't know....I'll check and get back to you. You can spearfish for just about anything except stripers, so it may be permitted. I want to check though so I don't give you the wrong info.

Quote Originally Posted by EnCon Police View Post
    I honestly don't know....I'll check and get back to you. You can spearfish for just about anything except stripers, so it may be permitted. I want to check though so I don't give you the wrong info.
    Alright thank ya