Thread: Stonecrushers Archery Buck 08

2012 CTHS Supporter bobbythehunter's Avatar
    Images

Stonecrushers Archery Buck 08

Had the pleasure of meeting Erik "stonecrusher" on Thursday. We measured his 2008 Connecticut Archery Buck and I'm happy report that the deer will be entered into the NBBC record book at 111 3/8ths inches. Eriks buck is a perfect example of the size buck which makes the club. It makes it by 11 inches as an archery buck and would also have gotten in as a gun deer. It is a beautiful 9 point typical which has great color and decent symetry. It was nice to meet Erik and spend a little time talking deer hunting with him. By the way Erik that is quite an impressive bear skull. I'll submit paperwork either tommorrow or Monday but with the shows coming up and a new records manager I can't say when you'll get your membership info and trophy record. Welcome to the NBBC and please let me know when you hear back from them. Congratulations on a great deer and it was great to meet you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobbythehunter; 02-05-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Images
    Congrats!!!!! Thats a Great looking deer stonecruher.... Bobby do you come to peoples houses to score them? I have one I would like to get scored and a friend has a few he would like to get scored and we don't want to bring them to the shows.
    "Go afield with a good attitude,with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." FRED BEAR

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    Nice job! I actually have the sheds from that buck from the previous year. Found one side while coyote hunting with StoneCrusher and the other a week later about 50 yards away. I'm still waiting for him to find me a matching set so that we can trade. I like the idea of of the person that shot the buck having the sheds from the buck. To me it's their deer.
    (GIVE THE SHEDS TO HIM FOR HIS BIRTHDAY, IT IS NEXT WEEKEND)
    Last edited by StoneCrusher; 02-05-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Congratulations, nice buck. I would have guessed it was bigger ,somewhere between 120-130". Is that the gross score or after deductions?

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    Prior to the measurement i would have guessed 125" as well. I think his tape measure is broken No, actually I watched it being measured and 111 3/8" is what it is. It is a nice tall rack, but did not have much mass and the spread could have been wider.
    There were minimal deductions (one of the G2's is a couple inches shorter than the other side and there was no G4 on the left (9 point), but NBBC uses the gross score. (100" is the minimum to make book for archery)

Bob is a great guy. he drove up to my house last night and it took approx. 1 hr. I would say that it could be done in 30 minutes if you are not asking questions while the measurement are taking place (we were bs'ing a little). My other 2 deer will be close to making the book, but since those were taken with a gun the minimum score has to be >100"