Thread: Training Flushing dog or Retriever

8 Point
    Images

Training Flushing dog or Retriever

If anyone on this website or just visiting the site has one of these type of dogs and would like to get together to train them send me an email. This is not for money it is to develop the skill of our dogs. Some training situation and drills are easier with two or more people. If you don't have a dog but our thinking about getting one and would like to see if you could learn some training drills or want to get involved and perhaps get a future hunting partner out of the deal . Might be he has a dog or you end up wanting your own dog. If you have a pup or a mature dog, we can use the drills accordingly. But dogs can get some drill time be crated and or leash manners worked on while others do field work drills.

I got a duck dog that neededs some group training. Im local let me know.

8 Point
    Images
    Sounds great D.B,

How old is your dog. What skills does he do that you like and what do you want him to improve. Does the dog need to be steady and wait till you send him
    We can work on blind and multiple retrieves. I know you might have other things to out. Some dogs drop the bird before they get to you, crush it up or many other things. But you can always improve on the dog if you use the same method over and over so the dog learns and understand it. Well this post doesn't have an expiration date so anyone can reply to it anytime.

2011 CTHS Supporter
    I have an 8 month old lab I'm training now. I'd be interested in getting together. A few guys can set up a good training course. I'm in Hamden.

8 Point
    Images
    Hi Jim,

Well you want to get some time in training let me know. Tell me how you want to contact each other and will get it done. I just joined a club it has a training area. I don't know how much you know about training. If you need some help with teaching blind retrieves hand signals. I have a springer just turned one yr old. She will be doing some swamp, river and lake duck work. I will use her for pheasant and woodcock to. She sits to gunfire and command. She is being taught and is doing very well, sitting down when her bird is flushed.