Thread: sunday bow hunting

sunday bow hunting

Is there any chance that the state ct. will allow bow hunting on private land on sundays. Most of the hunters in ct. only can hunt on the weekends, and with the weather we been having every sat. it has been though getting out

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    this has been a question for several years. I don't think it will happen next year but within the next 3-5 yrs. They just allowed crossbow use in january in zones 11 and 12. I think the next step is to allow crossbow use during allof archery season followed by sunday hunting in zones 11 and 12 and then sunday hunting everywhere! There is a good coalition of CT hunters that have been fighting for this and will continue to do so until it happens.

I'm with you on the weather having been great on sundays and saturdays being poor, it seams to always happen this way!

This has come up the past couple of years before the legislature. It's up to them. With all the budget issues facing the state I don't know if they will have time to address non-budget issues in the short session this year. Have to wait and see.

Allincamo
    Perhaps the state should do away with all the solitaire games, so they get to work,and accomplish something. what a gig they have pretty much hob snob all over; dinner here a dinner there, golf , vacations, all expenses paid unbelievable no accountability.

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    How would Sunday hunting put a strain on Connecticut's budget? Police/Encon is still working. Logging your harvest is done online.

Plus:
    With the 100% increase in tag fees, you are going to have a drop in tag sales. (it is a tough sell at $28 for a turkey when you only get 6 lb of meat).
    Having Sunday hunting may/Will entice hunters to buy tags.

I didn't say it would put a strain on the budget, I said that with all the budget issues that the short term will be handling in the next session they probably wouldn't have time to deal with Sunday hunting.

And yes we are working on Sundays, but we need a day off too. With all the hunting pressure during the week and on Saturdays we tend to schedule more officers off on Sunday so we can cover complaints during the week. If we have to start checking hunters on Sunday with no increase in staffing, (and we're not expecting any in the new budget) then we end up running short during the week when officers take their days off then. Not what you want to hear, but it's what we've got to work with.

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    ah, thank you for the reasoning. I was under the impression that schedules were equally spread acros the week on a rotating basis - thereby not changing things for Sunday hunting.
    I understand that you guys are strained and pulled in every direction with limited resources with no foreseen increases in staffing. This is why I thought it would be bad to put license revenues into the general fund.

edit:
    and also let me add that I feel very privileged to have you visit this website and provide quick and accurate answers to our forums!!!!

Last edited by StoneCrusher; 11-30-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: appreciating of Encon participation.