Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grouse hunting in Connecticut

Grouse hunting in Connecticut

Has any seen grouse in the state??

Im almost positive my buddy and I had one fly across us up in Goshen WMA. Not much out there from what I hear though

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    Had not seen much all year, and then had two fly out from underfoot when sneaking back out from the deer stand. startled the hell out of me.

Images
    The last grouse I saw was up in barkhamstead while I was turkey hunting last year(2008). It's pretty sad, when I was a kid they were all over the place. Back in 2005 I went to Maine moose hunting, I was all excited to see the grouse running on the logging roads. The guide was looking at me funny because he sees it all the time.
    "Go afield with a good attitude,with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." FRED BEAR

Images
    Growing up as a kid we used to go on a saturday with a box of shells and shoot grouse all day flock after flock we flushed it was a blast ,my mom cooked them with a gravey yum
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

I damn near stepped on one last year out after turkey.scared me something fierce, good thing turkeys don't rely on scent if you know what I mean ha!

Cal45
    We did a hunting course this past Saturday and one of the other instructors had one fly up from the side of the road by the club. He was all excited. I actually was also knowing he had just seen one.

find a stand of poplars and you will find some grouse l got a small honey hole in stafford we shoot 3 to 4 a season there.

Cal45
    Quote Originally Posted by boulder bass View Post
    find a stand of poplars and you will find some grouse l got a small honey hole in stafford we shoot 3 to 4 a season there.

Welcome to the site boulder bass. I know of a couple honey holes like that. One they built a house right next to it so that one is gone and the other you could usually find some early in the season. Hunted it once last year late and put one up that I never saw.

Oldfarmsblueman
    The last one I saw flew through my window 32 years ago.Went
    through a double pain pushed his beak into his head and snapped
    his spine in half at the pelvis.