Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: stonecrusher Journal

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images

stonecrusher Journal

HI all. I figured that I would also post in my journal instead of all over the forums, unless responding to someone elses thread. I'll post some trail cam photos, but will limit it to unique pictures and different animals. not just a bunch of random does.

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    just started baiting for coyotes tonight. I will bait again tomorrow and then go out Thursday night until 1/2 after sunset. I plan to bring my digital camera because I am hoping to get a picture of a bobcat that we see all the time at the farm.

Images
    pulled my memory stick today. not sure if it is a big doe or small rack buck.

Images
    Here is a fawn taken from the same memory stick.

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    that doe has a big belly! must be eating well.

Button Buck
    Hi Stonecrusher.. this is Shin Pond Grammy ( aka ricefamily ).... thanks for the invite to view your deer !

Images

deer cam photos

Pulled my cam pics. tons of Does from the private land, and that same raccoon, BUT no bucks :( didn't feel the need to post 'em)

On state hunting land:

MDGC0007.jpg

MDGC0023.jpg

MDGC0024.jpg
    I got a picture of a real healthy looking coyote and a small framed buck on state hunting property. I think I would let this deer get another year older. I try and take older bucks. If I need food, I would rather eat a doe.
    Interestingly, none of the deer even eat one bite of my corn. It sat for 1 week and the entire pile was still there. I am giving up on the corn and just taking photos on active game trails.

14 pointer
    Images
    Their not eating corn down here yet either. I believe their still into ''soft mass''. But the White Oaks are dropping so maybe that explains it.
    Kenny

Images
    Went out for deer last night. as I was walking, I noticed a nice sized doe under my stand. I put the stalk on and stayed down-wind. got within 45 yrds. squated down and Put the arrow in. snapped the mechanic release in place and raised up on my knees. Waited for a moment to take the nice broad-side shot. Felt a strong breeze across the back of my neck. The deer raised its head, and walked off without hesitation. I am pretty sure she caught my wind, but never looked in my direction.
    I probably had time to fire, but since she did not look spooked, I though she was simply adjusting postion. Started to sneek the rest of the way to the stand. got to about 20 yrds and up jumped a yearling and watched it hop off.
    Got to my stand, and noticed that my arrow was missing. Figured I would pick it up on the way out. (by the way-I didn't find it on my way out)
    45 minutes later, the yearling came back and stuck around for 30 minutes or so. Got within 5 to 8 yards. Just as it was walking off, there were a group of deer ~150 yards away that started blowing. They were blowing in my direction. Not sure why. Didn't see anything else for the remainer of my sit.

Images
    Tongiht, I had the opporunity at a ~125lb 4-pointer. It was probably 14" wide with ~5" forks. He stuck by me and walk around for a good 45 minutes just chewing on leaves and rubing his scent on some branches. While I was intently watching him with my 8X binocs, I was surprized by 4 nice sized Turkeys not even 15 yrds to my left. A purr type sound caught my attention and looked over. One of the turkeys saw movement and started clucking at me and trotted about 10 yrds further away. This got all the other clucking and move off in some thicker brush. For probably 10 minutes I had the Turkeys 25-30 yards to my left and the Buck was 40 yrds to my right.
    I have never seen both turkeys and deer from the same stand at the same time. I thought one would have spooked the other.
    eventually, the turkeys made their way out of sight. Just then, the small buck gave a low key grunt. I thought another deer may be coming my way. about 2 or 3 minutes goes by and he raises his tail and trots right back at me and ran off to where the turkeys went.
    Nothing else showed up, but it was entertaining anyway. I am taking Monday off from work and seeing what else I can find.