Thread: Scored a New Property

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images

Scored a New Property

Funny how things sometimes drop into your lap. I pulled into a driveway today to meet a guy about a bat service. There was a field behind the house, with 15 or more turkeys pecking around. I mentioned the birds, but nothing more. The guy says "there's usually a bunch of deer in the field too, they're everywhere. I'd like to thin them out there's so many of them." Then tells me it was his grandfathers farm and there's 65 acres, "if you're interested I'll sign a permit." Didn't need a second offer, I jumped on it. Now I have a potentially great spot close to my weekend job (yes, I work two jobs), ten minutes from work.
    And I sold the bat service too. I need more clients like him.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Funny how things sometimes drop into your lap. I pulled into a driveway today to meet a guy about a bat service. There was a field behind the house, with 15 or more turkeys pecking around. I mentioned the birds, but nothing more. The guy says "there's usually a bunch of deer in the field too, they're everywhere. I'd like to thin them out there's so many of them." Then tells me it was his grandfathers farm and there's 65 acres, "if you're interested I'll sign a permit." Didn't need a second offer, I jumped on it. Now I have a potentially great spot close to my weekend job (yes, I work two jobs), ten minutes from work.
    And I sold the bat service too. I need more clients like him.
    Thatís awesome.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

That's awesome! have fun!

Very sweet! Hope you 'thin them out' for him!

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I've hunted the property the last three Saturdays in the evening. I've found two small antlers last week. Overall, counting deer I've bumped, I've seen 16 and one coyote that I walked up to while it bedded at around 7 yards. I've had two very close encounters, one was a doe at ten yards to my right, no shot op. The other was last night, a spike right at sunset, around 12 yards. I was sitting on the ground every time so far. I started to draw on the spike, but a doe saw me, and the buck didn't stop, so no shot.
    There is so much deer sign, with fresh trails crossing everywhere, I'm both confident and confused as to where to sit. I just keep my nose into the wind and move slow. It may take a full season to figure it out. Having a blast. Properties like this don't come around often.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    I've hunted the property the last three Saturdays in the evening. I've found two small antlers last week. Overall, counting deer I've bumped, I've seen 16 and one coyote that I walked up to while it bedded at around 7 yards. I've had two very close encounters, one was a doe at ten yards to my right, no shot op. The other was last night, a spike right at sunset, around 12 yards. I was sitting on the ground every time so far. I started to draw on the spike, but a doe saw me, and the buck didn't stop, so no shot.
    There is so much deer sign, with fresh trails crossing everywhere, I'm both confident and confused as to where to sit. I just keep my nose into the wind and move slow. It may take a full season to figure it out. Having a blast. Properties like this don't come around often.
    Sounds like and awesome property. Enjoy. The best of the season is yet to come.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire