Thread: bow hunter who lost his private spot

bow hunter who lost his private spot

just a bowhunter who found out that the spot I've been hunting for almost 8 years recently was purchased by new owners and they've given me the classic can't hunt here anymore new owners letter. im grateful that i harvested a doe the 2nd day of the season but now its back to the grind in public lands.... super excited dog walkers hikers weirdos ...good times in my hunting life... i do have a new hunting dog i hope to get some upland birds with and need new hunting buddies who are upland enthusiast.. let me hear some of your can't hunt here any more stories. love to hear them, and it might make me feel a little better knowing im not the only one getting heart broken out here.. keep hunting!!

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    About 15 years ago, I was hunting a property for five or six years, when they sold and moved south. The new owners gave me permission to continue hunting. The husband was fine with it but the wife needed some prodding from him. First morning hunt, I'm sitting in my fixed stand, and she walks her dog through the woods almost directly under me...at 6:30. Whack job could've just said no. I never went back. The husband left her and her dogs a couple years later.
    Was a great 21 acre property. I killed ten deer there.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nature hippie View Post
    just a bowhunter who found out that the spot I've been hunting for almost 8 years recently was purchased by new owners and they've given me the classic can't hunt here anymore new owners letter. im grateful that i harvested a doe the 2nd day of the season but now its back to the grind in public lands.... super excited dog walkers hikers weirdos ...good times in my hunting life... i do have a new hunting dog i hope to get some upland birds with and need new hunting buddies who are upland enthusiast.. let me hear some of your can't hunt here any more stories. love to hear them, and it might make me feel a little better knowing im not the only one getting heart broken out here.. keep hunting!!
    When one door closes another opens. I always try to hit one new property a year. I like like exploring “new” ground to see what’s out there. One thing I learned a long time ago is that you can’t have too much property to hunt.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire