Thread: Hunting in Low Temperatures

Hunting in Low Temperatures

What are the chances of Bucks moving and killing one in a tree stand in 24-30 deg F Temperatures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
    What are the chances of Bucks moving and killing one in a tree stand in 24-30 deg F Temperatures?

That is not low temperature for deer especially this time of year. If it was a lot colder, or for that matter a lot warmer, it might affect movement.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post

Perfect temps as far as I'm concerned.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Snow. The picture on the home page is me. I shot that 15 minutes after shooting his girlfriend.
    If you get a chance, go out when its snowing as I saw tons of deer that day. There was crazy movement. Cold is good but wind is not good. They will still move in the wind but their movement range is drastically reduced so chances of seeing deer on a windy day is much less. I believe they wont move as much in a windy day because too much wind somewhat diminishes their sense of smell which is their primary defense.
    And truth be told, being in a tree stand when the tree is swaying isnt all that much fun.