Thread: Left Eye Bri

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images

Left Eye Bri

I got the OK today to lift my head. Wow, the last few weeks have really sucked. Started with a torn retina on 8/24, again on 8/27. A couple cautious weeks of no work or play, then went in for total repair of detached retina on 9/21. Have a gas bubble in my left eye, that I thought would only last 5-7 days, here it is day 12 and counting. The bubble is at about 35-40%, but got the OK to watch TV, light computer. Still no driving or sleeping on back, and most important, I don't have to look down 23 hrs a day. Will be another couple weeks of doing nothing while the bubble absorbs, so no lifting, strenuous exercise, etc. I jokingly asked about bowhunting this afternoon, lol. "You will not be bowhunting for a while". SH!T.

On the way to the Dr. at 11:30 this morning, a doe was in back yard. Another crossing the road about a mile away. Upon returning, a doe with twins crossed the driveway at 2:30, then another walking through the woods at 3:30. They are teasing the hell out of me. When I see them around my yard, it's usually a good year, seeing plenty this year. Hopefully, I will get to bow hunt by the end of Oct. I'm sure I will be ready for Nov. firearms.

Keep after'em guys, at least I can get daily reports here.

Brian
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Iím glad to hear that you are finally on the mend and it is starting to resolve. Itís pretty scary stuff when you are in danger of losing some of your sight.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Hope you get out soon.

Images
    Sucks Brian. Hope youíre after the deer soon. Canít belive after three years of planning and saving and anticipating that we both had to back out of the moose trip at last minute. Hope those other guys are thick in the action.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    Sucks Brian. Hope youíre after the deer soon. Canít belive after three years of planning and saving and anticipating that we both had to back out of the moose trip at last minute. Hope those other guys are thick in the action.
    Yeah, no kidding. Good luck or bad, timing is everything.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Glad to hear things are healing although slowly.

Yeah.. those critters somehow know when you can't go after them.