Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 point down

Images

6 point down

I had a great hunt yesterday. Saw 15 turkeys go by first thing, then two does and two small bucks came past a bit later. The does offered a couple of really nice chip shots, I was very tempted but decided to hold off. Need all the does I can get here. Just before sunset I saw movement coming down the trail, I knew it was a buck. I have seen a bunch of smaller bucks in the area and decided to take one out if given a chance. He didn't walk into my shooting window, stopped just short while I'm at full draw, he was wandering around a bit browsing. I didn't have a clear shot until I stopped him in one small window and let it fly. He was a bit farther than I thought and I hit him way low. I later found out that I only got one lung. Decided to back out and get some help. WoodsmanA came up and gave me a hand tracking and we finally found him after a few hundred yards. The blood trail was thinning out and I was ready to back out but he thought we should go a little bit farther. Glad we did, he was only another 30 or 40 yards. I would likely have lost him to coyotes or something if we stopped then, good call man. Thanks again for the help!! Always an adventure!

Hope everyone is getting out there, its going to be a great season. We need to hear some more success stories to liven things up a bit around here. Good luck, shoot straight!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Different looking buck, nice trimmed coat on that guy. Nicely done!

Nice buck!

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Very nice Grizz. Some good eats there.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Nice mature looking 6 point.. congrats!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What a unique buck... congrats!

Only made it out once so far this year. Just before sundown I heard noise to my right. A doe ran out of the brush, stopped for a second, and ran off flagging her tail. Just then I saw a coyote, full speed and giving chase after her. It was pretty cool to see nature in action!

Sweet 6 grizz!! You always seem to get it done, beautiful rack. How much he weigh?

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar
    nice

Images
    That was a fun track with the bright moonlight. My heart dropped a little when he turned up the steep hill and the trail thinned. Glad we found him! Congrats again.

Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Congrats! Cool looking buck