Thread: The Wait is Almost Over....

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images

The Wait is Almost Over....

Five days and a wake up........We are almost there. Are you ready?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Canít believe how quickly this month is going by! I donít bow hunt much anymore but I know a bunch of people who do and itís still an exciting day for me. I love getting the success pictures from everyone. Every now and then Iíll feel a longing back to my bow hunting days and think about picking up my old Bear Ausable longbow to sling a few arrows. I donít even have a target anymore. I did shoot it a couple weeks ago at some old blankets that I doubled over on a long to make a target. Felt pretty good. The last few years Iíve taken advantage of Landowner rifle season and deer hunted the first 10 days of November until duck season opens back up. That first 10 days is a nice window to get into the deer woods and not feel like Iíd rather be sitting on a swamp with a spread of decoys out. However, now that Sunday bow hunting will be open statewide Iím really considering getting back into practicing more and perhaps hitting the bow woods again if that proficiency comes back in my shooting. Waterfowl on Saturdays. Bow hunt on Sunday mornings.

Anyways, I hope lots of hunters are able to hit the woods next Saturday for a safe and successful opening day. Canít wait to read some success stories. Good luck to all!
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I had to put my shooting off for the last couple weeks due to my eye of all things. I was shooting well but need a bit more practice. With work two weeks behind, something has to give. I may not bow hunt until I return from the moose trip. We'll see. It'll be hard to stay out of the woods.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

I'll be bow hunting most Sunday's. I got a couple big ones in my back yard.

Checked and updated trail cams. Stands are up. Home made blocks were put out. Gear for Sat AM selected and washed. Permethrin will be put on tonight. Hitting bulls eyes no problem at 30 yds. Few things left to do: set up the pack and make a couple of more blocks (assuming the deer liked my recipe).

Sat AM I'll go out early and figure I'll stay till 9ish or I connect, whichever comes first. Evening hunt will be with the little one for probably like an hour. Got turkey tags this year so I'm sure I won't see any turkey!

Images
    Best of luck out there fellas!!!

despite the rain, the weather is looking good the end of next week. dropping down into the low 50's.
    I got a new piece a few years ago. good deer on it with one 10pnt. going try a horizontal rubbing post this year.