Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the members?

Where are the members?

I've been a member of this site for many years and within the last couple years or so have seen a huge decline of posts by members. Members that just about lived on the site no longer contribute.
    I am guilty of this too as work has taken up alot of my time, that and along with hobbies, family, friends, managing my deer property etc.
    Also when I do get to the site, nothing really changes, no new contributions just the regular few who are keeping things going.

My question is what happened? Has the many, many, (seemed like hundreds) of regular members just decided that an on-line forum gets in the way of life? We used to have meet and greets and get together's.

I would love to see the site thrive again with members from across the state. Also, maybe i'm out of the loop and I do hope things are ok, but where has Andy been? Nothing from him since March..

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Here. I still check in daily. It is painfully slow, more than most off seasons. Goose and deer will be here soon, hopefully it will pick up.
    I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Facebook..... Most have moved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    Facebook..... Most have moved there.

Andy too?? He's was an involved owner.....

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Here. I still check in daily. It is painfully slow, more than most off seasons. Goose and deer will be here soon, hopefully it will pick up.
    I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.

we need a couple of members to go on a moose hunt and post up some stories

Images
    Iíve been wondering about this for the last couple years as well. This forum used to be amazing. Now itís dead. Even through last deer and fowl season it was slow. This is the only forum I belong to and the only form of social media I take part in. Or used to take part in... Friggen Facebook is destroying the world. Perhaps Facebook will implode and go away some day. Iíve met many great people through this forum and have been able to read many great stories and hunt posts over the years here. I do miss it. This forum was such a great tool for new hunters as well. Not so much now...
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    Iíve been wondering about this for the last couple years as well. This forum used to be amazing. Now itís dead. Even through last deer and fowl season it was slow. This is the only forum I belong to and the only form of social media I take part in. Or used to take part in... Friggen Facebook is destroying the world. Perhaps Facebook will implode and go away some day. Iíve met many great people through this forum and have been able to read many great stories and hunt posts over the years here. I do miss it. This forum was such a great tool for new hunters as well. Not so much now...
    Agree with everything you say.
    I also can not believe that many or all former members went from here to Facebook, this site has 2,925 members! Even half of that going to facebook would be a stretch. I cannot see many outdoorsmen doing that.

I don't do facebook, neither does my wife who's in her 40's nor do almost 100% of friends and family no matter what age. My kids and their friends, don't even do it anymore, they are more into Instagram and other social platforms, I have also actually seen kids TALKING on their phones lately!!

So many good people with good stories and advice gone from here. CTH&S should send members a personal email blast encouraging them to re-participate, encourage all members to get back on again with whatever little time we all have. New members have not seen the old days here with literally a hundred people or so signed in on many nights (197 signed in members at 1 time in 2013) all at the same time B.S'ing, bickering, telling stories, sharing pictures etc.. nor are new and younger members getting much info that they are asking for.

No matter where you are you can participate.. I have logged in from the back woods of VT., from the Cape, Canada from Europe from all over.. Just need to get members involved again. We all like the stories, pictures, advice, the camaraderie of fellow sportsman, and the friendships made. I have met great people from this site at meet and greets and have visited, shot and became friends that I would have never known if this site had not existed.

Who would be able and want to setup an email blast to all 2,925 members to encourage their involvement again?

I do see this site had over 1,200 guests visit in the last 24 hours alone and as I write this 46 people alone are"guests" but not signed in(or are members..). We all have the time to visit, why not participate?

Maybe the site can be saved..

I am guilty of being MIA. My main excuse is we bought a house that has turned into much more work than anticipated. We moved into a neighborhood w/ *lovely* neighbors who have cost me a lot of time and effort to make it clear what property lines mean. Add in the wonderful spring weather with late nor'easters, the macroburst, and assorted other things requiring time, energy, and money and I'm way behind. Just realized about 2 days ago I've got to find time to get stands out cause its August already! On the good side opening day is a Sat so I'll be able to take the little one out the very first day. I had great plans to do some food plot work.. no go.. have yet to go check the woods and see how many hangers are about. We also got a dog so that has been fun. The dog has been the easiest to train! Have done some fun things but am very much praying for a relatively calm year after the last 2. The hard work on the house has paid off - we did not have to take a 2nd mortgage to pay the oil bill this last winter and by my calculations all the work I did in Year 1 paid for itself last winter.

As for FB - was never even tempted - one could see it was not a good idea from day 1. This site is my only social media presence. It is good to 'hang out' with like minded folks after dealing w/ coworkers, the wonderful drivers on CT roads (lots of out-of-state tags included), and the aforementioned neighbors.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradysmaster View Post
    we need a couple of members to go on a moose hunt and post up some stories
    Your wish has been granted. WoodsmanA and I, head to Newfoundland at the end of September for a week of moose hunting during the rut.

No facestuff for me either.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Your wish has been granted. WoodsmanA and I, head to Newfoundland at the end of September for a week of moose hunting during the rut.

No facestuff for me either.
    Good luck.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire