View Poll Results: Food Plot Crop Circle Explanation

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliens caused this

2 20.00%
  • Natural Occurrence (wind or other unexplained occurrence)

1 10.00%
  • Animal messing around & camera failed to work..

5 50.00%
  • Strange but really have no explanation

2 20.00%

Thread: Food Plot....Crop Circle??

Food Plot....Crop Circle??

Hello all,
    I went out to mow down my food plot area last Saturday and when I got in there I noticed that within the 3' tall grass there was a matted down area about 15' wide and in the shape of a circle which also went around a small tree.

I have a trail cam up in that spot and was interested in finding out what caused it but after viewing the pics it showed nothing unusual. It shot a picture at 10:54 pm with the grass upright and then the next picture was about an hour and 45 minutes later showing the grass down. No pictures at all in -between that time.

Now, without saying aliens went out there; what could the logical cause of this be?
    It was in the shape of circle, it went around a tree, it's about a 250 yard hike through thick woods, no animals could be seen on any pictures before or after..

Also what could have triggered the camera as i see no high winds causing the grasses to sway. Also, no-one ever goes out there but me. 3-friends know of this spot, but 1 friend is handicapped and would find it difficult to walk in under daylight conditions, the other guy is a LEO and worked that night and the other is a family-man that i'm sure was tucked in and fast asleep..

I also have another camera on the trail into this area and no person, creature or alien walked in there and I highly doubt someone would go in there after 11pm and bushwack through thick woods to do this.

Any explanations as to what would naturally have caused this is welcome!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    That’s awesome. I love a good “unexplained files” aliens story. Is it a perfect circle?

Perhaps a mother bear with a couple cubs in tow just milling about and rolling around? Any droppings or tracks nearby?
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I don't know, but it doesn't look fed on, so I like Adam's explanation. A bear rolling around.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

I am of three minds on this. In order of preference, It could have been caused by a Sasquatch tying his / her / its pet cougars to the tree while it was off doing something else. It could have been aliens. Or it could have been a bear just screwing around. If I were rational I would chose the third no matter how much I want either of the first two to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    That’s awesome. I love a good “unexplained files” aliens story. Is it a perfect circle?

Perhaps a mother bear with a couple cubs in tow just milling about and rolling around? Any droppings or tracks nearby?

Its pretty much in a perfect circle and goes right around the base of a tree.
    I thought about a bear rolling around but didn't see any scat or tracks, nor did I see any bear pics I have on this or one my 2 other cameras that are in the area.
    The camera is an old (around 2009 or 2010) Primos 35, but I have never experienced problems with it and to miss taking a picture of a bear, alien or whatever is odd..

I am thinking some kind of weird wind micro-burst but maybe a bear and the camera failed? Although pictures of deer other animals and myself both before and after where all captured fine.

I would put money on the bear rolling around. A few years back, we got bored and made a 20'x 50' plot of corn in an area of the garden we had never had luck in. Mind you this was back in MA where we have a fair amount of bears.

The corn took and was going great until we had a 10' crop circle put in overnight exactly like that. We had no clue what caused it until we let the dog out 2 days later and she chased a bear out of the corn. Found a second circle all marked down like the first so we put one and one together.