Thread: Soon to be Grad heading to Fairfield County: Looking for Shooting and Hunting opportunities

Soon to be Grad heading to Fairfield County: Looking for Shooting and Hunting opportunities

So after 4 years of staying in Connecticut for school, it looks like I'll be here a bit longer than expected. I got a decent job offer in the Stamford/Fairfield area and assuming things work out, will be in the area for the next few years. I'm currently shooting skeet and trap out of the Fin Fur and Feather in central Connecticut, but are there any other chances to shoot clays in Fairfield county?

I know the area is decent for ducks on the coast and goes late for deer so I'm assuming those are worth investing in as well. Any input or advice on the area would be appreciated!

Fairfield County Fish & Game, http://fcfgpa.org/index.html. I shot sporting clays there once at a CCDL fundraiser. Website says their wait list for membership is closed, but they have some open to the public shoots.
    Bristol F&G has sporting clays every Saturday, I'm not sure it is Fairfield county, but not too far from it.

Can't help you on hunting down there, given the density I'd expect either on the ocean or bow only.