Thread: Emergency alert

Emergency alert

EMERGENCY ALERT !!!!!!
    Delta Waterfowl has just learned that an amendment has been included in SB 109 that would eliminate waterfowl hunting on the Quinnipiac and Mill River from the I-95 bridge to the I-91 bridge. The amendment would designate these stretches of both rivers as wildlife refuges. This amendment has been included without any public hearing.
    It is critically important that hunters call first thing Thursday morning before 10:15 and express your strong opposition to this amendment and express your strong displeasure that the amendment was included without input from waterfowl hunters and other stakeholders.
    Please contact the Connecticut General Assembly - Environment Committee 860-240-0440. Please share this widely and ensure your fellow waterfowlers are aware of this amendment. Thank you

John Devney
    VICE PRESIDENT, U.S. POLICY
    1312 Basin Ave, Bismarck, ND 58504

Delta Waterfowl

Seems like a minimal issue to me. From what I can tell, you cant get 250 feet from buildings in that area except one area on the east bank just south of the 91 bridge on the Quinnipiac. And even then your shooting in the direction of houses.
    And on the Mill you cant hunt anywhere that I can tell between the 95 and 91 bridge.

I for one wouldn't even want to hunt there. Way too much going on there.

Let them have their feel good legislation this time.

WOW. Doesn't affect you,so it doesn't matter! When those that hunt there can't anymore they can hunt your spots with you.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyd View Post
    WOW. Doesn't affect you,so it doesn't matter! When those that hunt there can't anymore they can hunt your spots with you.
    Calm down Oprah, I didn't say that.

Given the area and how many houses are around it, this shouldn't come as a huge surprise. I hope its shot down but if you are surprised by things like this then you are willfully ignorant of the day we live in.
    The portion that talks about banning hunting on the Mill is a non issue entirely. I cant find one legal spot there.

The thing that does upset me is the attempt to secure a ban through a back door deal and not a public forum.
    Last edited by Mountain man; 03-23-2018 at 07:47 AM.

My post was to inform anyone who is interested about what is going on.

You're interested or you're not.

"Seems like a minimal issue to me." You're not interested.

And then,"
    The thing that does upset me is the attempt to secure a ban through a back door deal and not a public forum." I guess you're interested.

The legal area that could be lost,while not of a concern to you,is a concern of others.

I'm not surprised by much.

Got it,Slick.

Vinny

Last edited by vinnyd; 03-23-2018 at 05:19 PM.