Thread: CCDL can thank Luke Bronin

CCDL can thank Luke Bronin

Heard this guy on WTIC radio a few days ago vilifying the NRA. Of course when he was pointedly asked if he thought his comments also pertained to the individual members he resorted to politi-speak and danced like he was on a reality TV show. So, he got me mad enough to decide to rejoin the NRA. I was a member some years ago but left because of the endless and numerous requests for money. As I was preparing to rejoin it occurred to me to 'think global and act local' so I instead joined the CCDL. Also ordered decals so that others who have similar thoughts regarding the 2nd Amendment may feel encouraged to join. Now we'll see if my car gets keyed in the parking lot at work. Guess I'll want to start parking near the CCTV cameras. I am not being overboard here as we have people who display all sorts of anti-Trump paraphernalia on their cars, clothing, and in their work spaces.

Images
    i will be joining the nra for the first time. already member of ccdl. i do NOT display decals or stickers promoting guns on my vehicles. i feel it can make me a target for thieves looking for weapons or even increase random stops from law enforcement. jmho

Quote Originally Posted by special k View Post
    i will be joining the nra for the first time. already member of ccdl. i do NOT display decals or stickers promoting guns on my vehicles. i feel it can make me a target for thieves looking for weapons or even increase random stops from law enforcement. jmho
    I agree with you 100%, No stickers on my vehicles as well. We the working class, are very easy to pattern, Leave for work everyday at the same time, etc.
    Ridge Runner

I don't think a CCDL or NRA sticker is going to make LE more likely to look at you. I also suspect that if you are pulled over for something else seeing that sticker may actually help reduce any nervousness because while you may have a weapon in the vehicle one might presume an NRA or CCDL member is trained and law abiding.

As for being patterned - this is where the basic anti terrorism training I rec'd in the Corps pays off. Vary your routes and times as much as possible. Always, always, always have situational awareness for defensive driving as well as marking cars around/behind you and watch if they seem to be following you for too long.

When I see an NRA, CCDL, or military service sticker (combinations are the best to my eyes) of any type I find it encouraging that there are other in this wacked state who are on the same page as I am. Perhaps we've been taking the wrong tack. Instead of trying to go under the radar perhaps we need to be 'loud and proud' to coin a phrase. Maybe, just maybe, pols and others would start rethinking things if 10, 20, 30, or 40% or more of the cars on the road had an NRA or CCDL sticker.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by special k View Post
    My opinion putting stickers / decals on your windows is asking for trouble why show what you got what they dont know wont hurt them....
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

As for being patterned - this is where the basic anti terrorism training I rec'd in the Corps pays off. Vary your routes and times as much as possible. Always, always, always have situational awareness for defensive driving as well as marking cars around/behind you and watch if they seem to be following you for too long.

I get what your saying, but in reality how many people are going to incorporate this maneuver into there daily lives. I more concerned with criminals targeting my home. They drive by your
    neighborhood a few times and see your ad on the rear window or bumper, pattern your work schedule and there you go, JMO.
    Ridge Runner

Quote Originally Posted by RIDGE RUNNER View Post

I get what your saying, but in reality how many people are going to incorporate this maneuver into there daily lives. I more concerned with criminals targeting my home. They drive by your
    neighborhood a few times and see your ad on the rear window or bumper, pattern your work schedule and there you go, JMO.
    Which is one (of the many) reasons I moved to a more rural area. Sure break ins happen even here. But its way less common than the densely populated towns.