Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dicks and Wally World

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swalter View Post
    No hashness taken, I'm more on your side than not. You're correct that society has changed, that's kind of the issue, sadly.
    I'm not totally convinced of my own argument, but starting to consider it; if the Florida kid had only been able to buy a pump action/double barrel/bolt action there likely would have been fewer fatalities. Yes, end "gun free" zones. Yes, allow nationwide constitutional carry (not even in the political picture). Hopefully Concealed Carry Reciprocity is included in anything that becomes law.
    I disagree. A 12g shotgun with OO buck in those crowded hallways would likely have killed more. Especially if he had put an extended tube on it.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by swalter View Post
    No hashness taken, I'm more on your side than not. You're correct that society has changed, that's kind of the issue, sadly.
    I'm not totally convinced of my own argument, but starting to consider it; if the Florida kid had only been able to buy a pump action/double barrel/bolt action there likely would have been fewer fatalities. Yes, end "gun free" zones. Yes, allow nationwide constitutional carry (not even in the political picture). Hopefully Concealed Carry Reciprocity is included in anything that becomes law.
    I would absolutely love to see permit reciprocity snuck in here. It's already through the House, so we're half way there. We're definitely going to give up something whether it be universal background checks or moving long guns to 21, etc. Hopefully republicans have the intelligence to negotiate. In a way I kind of hope something happens now rather than later. Give up something minor today so they have less gun-control momentum and come swinging for the fence after the midterms. We're (CT residents) already pinned under the things democrats are after anyway.

You weren't harsh HH.. you were spot on. Just missed no voting until 21.

We, Americans, need to decide the age of majority. Driving at 16, voting and military service at 18, 21 to drink. Ridiculous. Lets pick an age by whatever process and stick with it.

BTW.. I love the sign on the counter of the gun shop in the photo.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanburyBowhunter View Post
    You weren't harsh HH.. you were spot on. Just missed no voting until 21.

We, Americans, need to decide the age of majority. Driving at 16, voting and military service at 18, 21 to drink. Ridiculous. Lets pick an age by whatever process and stick with it.

BTW.. I love the sign on the counter of the gun shop in the photo.
    Thanks. I'll have to remember that one.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire