Thread: Crow art

Crow art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

12 Point
    Nice......what do you do with them???

Quote Originally Posted by AlloyToy View Post
    Nice......what do you do with them???
    Cant do anything with crows. I don't get why people hunt them.

maybe coyote bait?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    Cant do anything with crows. I don't get why people hunt them.

maybe coyote bait?
    1. Farmer lose thousands and thousands of dollars in silage feed to crows. We do it to help out the farmers.
    2. Shooting crows is challenging. They’re smart and have amazing eyes. Getting crows to decoy while you’re trying to blend in and not be seen and then taking them on the wing is not easy.
    3. Hunting crows is excellent practice for waterfowling. Probably the best off season practice there is. They are fast flyers, can put the brakes on and turn on a dime and they can take a hit. I’d say hunting crows for shooting practice is superior to any other type practice. Guys who shoot clays all summer long then complain about not being able to hit a duck flying by - yeah I wonder why... Hope that cigar was good though...
    4. Crows kill baby ducks and eat duck eggs. It’s a small piece of being a predator control conservationist.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Nice write up woodsman. It was crazy to see all the holes and rips where the crows had torn the plastic covering the silage piles. I enjoyed my crow hunting experience with you guys.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    You should see what they do to a golf course fairway. When grubbing, they will tear the crap out of them.
    I pulled juvie starlings out of a house soffet one time. They were just old enough to start flying. One of them flew down to a bush in the yard. No sooner it hit the bush, a crow comes out of nowhere and grabs it and flies off. They are definitely a predator to bird nests, eggs and juvies. I would've kept feeding it starlings since they are a feral bird, but you know they don't discriminate and kill lots of native songbirds too.
    Like anything, they need to be thinned out a little.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    1. Farmer lose thousands and thousands of dollars in silage feed to crows. We do it to help out the farmers.
    2. Shooting crows is challenging. They’re smart and have amazing eyes. Getting crows to decoy while you’re trying to blend in and not be seen and then taking them on the wing is not easy.
    3. Hunting crows is excellent practice for waterfowling. Probably the best off season practice there is. They are fast flyers, can put the brakes on and turn on a dime and they can take a hit. I’d say hunting crows for shooting practice is superior to any other type practice. Guys who shoot clays all summer long then complain about not being able to hit a duck flying by - yeah I wonder why... Hope that cigar was good though...
    4. Crows kill baby ducks and eat duck eggs. It’s a small piece of being a predator control conservationist.
    Those are good reasons. I never really considered it. Though I haven't yet, I would hunt coyotes for similar reasons related to deer hunting.
    I plan on it this spring/summer.

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    Great reasons but what do you do with them LOL Just toss them?

Same goes for Dove they destroy crops I can't for the life of me understand why Mass does not have a dove season

Ducks I don't aim for the cigar I shoot them in the face LOL

CT doesnt have a season either, because they are listed as a song bird. Delta waterfowl CT is trying to work with Hartford to change that.
    We use the crows as trapping bait

"When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    CT doesnt have a season either, because they are listed as a song bird. Delta waterfowl CT is trying to work with Hartford to change that.
    We use the crows as trapping bait

We go to RI and hunt dove just to get the dog exercise, and build patience fir sitting in the blind. I'm going to try to shoot some crows on our land we have a ton of them out back.....the only thing they are good for around us is a warning that a bear is coming around from out back lol