Thread: Moving out of state?

6 Point

Moving out of state?

Well. It appears that I will be moving back to the Bay State sometime this year. Most likely in the summer. With that question, what happens to my resident Connecticut hunting license, deer and turkey tags? Are they somehow grandfathered in until the next year when I would have to buy they as a non resident or do I have to pay the difference the day I move out of Connecticut? Thanks for any clarification.

If you already have the tags I don't see how anyone would be the wiser.
    By the letter of the law you probably need to pull a non res permit but I wouldn't know how after you already have res permits.

I went thru the same process when I moved to Maine. Here are a couple of things I learned:
    - You can't be a resident of more than 1 state at a time.
    - Residence is determined by a bunch of different things, but a driver license is usually only issued to residents.

Just something to consider:
    If you hand a CT game warden a Mass driver's license along with the CT resident tags / permits or license , you may have problems.

6 Point
    I called up the state office and was told that they will still honor a license to the end of the year. So I am good to go for the rest of the year. In 2019 I will have to get a non resident CT license. At that point I will probably just get an archery and turkey license.