Thread: MLK Day Hunt

MLK Day Hunt

Sooo a bit of back ground.... we had been scouting all week and the word of the week has been ICE!!!! We hunted Saturday morning only to find the birds we been scouting for 3 days had flew inland after the major rain and snow melt has opened up a lot of the tributaries. Our plan yesterday was to go to a spot. We arrived there at 5 am and locked solid with ice. Perplexed we went to the next location. Locked solid. Continued to hit a 3rd spot and the launch was frozen. You kinda get the idea of what happened yesterday morning, as we hit 3 more places driving the entire shoreline. Eventually we had found open water. So we setup now being 10 am. Shortly after being setup we had a wigeon come in and go down. We then sat until around 1130-12 and we continuously saw birds piling into a point close by. We made the decision to pick up our operation and move it, and boy what a good idea. Yes we watched birds filtering in and out throughout the mostly black ducks but we till managed to get some got action. Our final total was 2 gadwall, 1 mallard 4 black ducks and 1 wigeon. My shooting was terrible yesterday but I still managed to end a flew flights!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great write up! We to had a decent day at the shore yesterday ending with 13 birds. A mixed bag of geese, black ducks, mallards, and mergansers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Congrats on that bag. Nice shooting! Nice to see someone else here was out. We heard shooting from three other groups. Just posted up about our hunt. Were you guys as frostbitten as we were?
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    Congrats on that bag. Nice shooting! Nice to see someone else here was out. We heard shooting from three other groups. Just posted up about our hunt. Were you guys as frostbitten as we were?
    Thanks! Frostbitten I don't think was the term for me! I fell in past my waders around 1pm and the thoughts of hypothermia were going through my mind. We made it until 4:30pm then headed home!

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Good shooting guys. I've never shot a widgeon or a gadwall.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.