Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened?...

Quote Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
    My guess is the Facebook Hunting forums took over or people just lost interest.
    Also they just text the buddies they’d share their stories with anyway.
    Ehhh The last 2 posts in the waterfowl forum have had over 200 combined view and only 8 posts. seems like alot of watchers..but Im new so. Facebook is a joke!

Images
    CT is a huge state for deer hunting. Not many waterfowlers. That’s a big part of it. There’s never been a big fowl following on here. Lot of the guys that were here have left.

Four years ago I started a trapline stories and results thread and it had 75,000 views and 40 pages of discussion. People we asking questions and telling great stories and experiences.

I just miss the discussion and the learning potential.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    CT is a huge state for deer hunting. Not many waterfowlers. That’s a big part of it. There’s never been a big fowl following on here. Lot of the guys that were here have left.

Four years ago I started a trapline stories and results thread and it had 75,000 views and 40 pages of discussion. People we asking questions and telling great stories and experiences.

I just miss the discussion and the learning potential.
    Would you say there are th same amount of trappers as waterfowl hunter? How has the trapping been for you so far?

Images
    Sad to see this site go by the way side when we first started CTHS it was a place to talk and share ideas about hunting facebook took it away life goes on
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    I have been thinking about this since Woodsman made his post a few days ago. I visit three or four time a day and it has been real slow during the off season as well. It is a shame for sure.

It is a vicious circle. If people don't post CTHS doesn't show up in the search engines. That means no new members and no guest activity. At the end of the day it is up to us. If we want to turn this around we need to post. It's that simple.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

I agree been quiet for sure even during deer season. I don't miss the heroes shooting 40 deer a year from 3 acre parcels in Fairfield county though. Some of that was just out of control. I still see it on that other site I think it's called bowfight, lol. I'm more interested in the people that work for their game and the constructive criticism and friendships that comes from it, ( which there is still a lot of that here)

I've not been posting much. Since about late Apr of 17 I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger. Never even got my gear all squared away before the season started. Didn't get salt licks out and the attempt at a small food plot was a bust. Didn't get out for the first time until 30 Nov. I've seen more deer driving to and from hunting spots than I've seen sign or deer near/on stand. Trail cams have been dead lately but that is most likely b/c it is too cold for the batteries to operate properly. I'm still out trying a couple more times until 31 Jan while already thinking about 15 Sept.

Maybe this will be the year I can get out early in the season.. we'll see.