Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your deer season, better, worse or the same?

6 Point
    I was a terrible year for me. In fact it has been five years since I have taken a deer. So I am in one hell of a rut for a lack of a better term. I know this year there was a huge job change where I am out of the house 11 hours a day and had family issues so time was not kind to me. I did have one shot at a doe but then her yearling was under her so I could not take the shot.

I will admit that camera wise and personally speaking I am not seeing the deer like I did ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbore442001 View Post

I will admit that camera wise and personally speaking I am not seeing the deer like I did ten years ago.
    I will say that cameras aren't all that accurate of a source of knowing.
    For example, my spot that I shot Doe #1 this year had zero pictures of deer on it. That is because its pointed in one direction and either they moved slightly out of range or went behind it or to the left or right of it.
    I knew deer were moving in that spot simply because I could see the prints on the ground in the leaves.
    Sure enough I was right.

Cameras are simply an aid to me. They provide a small chance of being able to see the deer that I know are already in that spot. This varies on the spot of course, cause I do have spots that funnel a bit.