Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your deer season, better, worse or the same?

Your deer season, better, worse or the same?

I'll say that this year was a good one for me. I had the privilege of picking up more private land in the south eastern area. That resulted in me seeing more deer. I also saw more in my northern spots. I felt it was a privilege to be able to pass on deer while in previous years only did that once because it was way too small. Usually its been brown=down. This year I put 2 sizeable does in the freezer and I am pleased with that. I learned a bit more, paid more attention to wind direction. I am not a stickler for scent control as I don't believe much in that, just good hygiene and what not but I don't think you can truly fool a deers sense of smell. Hunting the wind is what I believe in.
    How was yours?
    Last edited by Mountain man; 01-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Had one of the best seasons Iíve ever had only took me moving to South Carolina to have it! 3 big bucks and 19 hogs. Iíve had some great seasons in CT but hunting down here is way better. The bucks start chasing in September and I have seen them chase until last week. The rut is way more intense down here for some reason. If you donít see any deer you have a good chance at a hog too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was great, didnt hunt deer. Killed tons of waterfowl! Cant beat that

"When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    Nice bucks TgP, congrats. Glad you were able to get out of this liberal flaming bag of dog poop state.

I'd say my deer season was a bit better than last, seems there are slightly more deer in my areas, so I had lots of action. Lots of fawns are making it to their second year these days. Hope this winter doesn't screw up the trend.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I've had worse seasons, but it wasn't a great season. But, I did put meat in the freezer, so I'm happy.
    Nice bucks TgP, that last one is cool with the extra main beam. Hell, post up some hogs too.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    I've had worse seasons, but it wasn't a great season. But, I did put meat in the freezer, so I'm happy.
    Nice bucks TgP, that last one is cool with the extra main beam. Hell, post up some hogs too.
    That one with the split beam was actual a hermaphrodite was shocked as hell when I went to throw it in the truck

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Nice porkers. How do they taste?
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

The big boars arenít worth much except for sausage. Sows and little ones taste awesome, kinda a mix of pork and beef.

You must eat a lot of pork.
    Moving south would be nice. With family, career and such deeply rooted here I don't see that happening unfortunately. After having traveled the world in the Navy and lived in 3 corners of the country I know more than most that the north east is on its own very stupid know it all agenda.
    On the plus side we own acreage in rural Florida so we do get down there yearly.