Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suppressor hunting

Angry suppressor hunting

Why cant this state join 32 other states and allow us to hunt with a suppressor...................dont use the excuse that says it would cause poaching,its already being done now.Just cant see why predator hunting and small game cant be hunted using a suppressor( even if its only allowed on rim-fire bolt action rifles)

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Why can't this state join 44 other states and allow full on Sunday hunting? Nothing makes sense in CT. We're lucky to have guns at all here with this administration.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

According to the American Suppressor Association, 40 states allow hunting with a suppressor, and 2 allow ownership but not for hunting (VT and CT).

Here's a link to their site if you wish to voice your support to change that.

https://americansuppressorassociation.com/education/

You say don't use the excuse that it would cause more poaching but......
    I think we all know it would. And whether or not it actually would, this is a strong democrat stronghold state and that's one of the things they would say in their fight against it and we would be hard pressed to prove them wrong.

Suppressor hunting should definitely be legal. And while it may actually increase poaching it probably would only have a marginal effect. Most poachers seem to use crossbows it seems.
    Last edited by Mountain man; 01-03-2018 at 08:28 AM.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    You say don't use the excuse that it would cause more poaching but......
    I think we all know it would. And whether or not it actually would, this is a strong democrat stronghold state and that's one of the things they would say in their fight against it and we would be hard pressed to prove them wrong.

Suppressor hunting should definitely be legal. And while it may actually increase poaching it probably would only have a marginal effect. Most poachers seem to use crossbows it seems.
    A poacher is a thief. A crosssbow or a suppressor doesn't make a poacher anymore than an automobile makes someone drive drunk; nor does an AR15 magically turn someone into a mass shooter. They are inanimate objects. No more; no less. It's what people do with them that's the problem. If you read through encons posts there are few crossbow specific incidents.

It is sad that it seems we have gotten to the point that hunters doesn't even carry tags and writing implements these days. IMO the "new" tagging/deer checking as done more to facilitate and encourage poaching than anything else. At the end of the day an honest man is an honest man and a thief is a thief.

As far as silencers go I doubt that you will ever see silencers in New England. Many New England states and California seem to live in their own little world. Maybe a class action lawsuit for hearing loss might get their attention. I doubt it though. As long as the same politicians keep getting elected nothing will change.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    A poacher is a thief. A crosssbow or a suppressor doesn't make a poacher anymore than an automobile makes someone drive drunk; nor does an AR15 magically turn someone into a mass shooter. They are inanimate objects. No more; no less. It's what people do with them that's the problem. If you read through encons posts there are few crossbow specific incidents.

It is sad that it seems we have gotten to the point that hunters doesn't even carry tags and writing implements these days. IMO the "new" tagging/deer checking as done more to facilitate and encourage poaching than anything else. At the end of the day an honest man is an honest man and a thief is a thief.

As far as silencers go I doubt that you will ever see silencers in New England. Many New England states and California seem to live in their own little world. Maybe a class action lawsuit for hearing loss might get their attention. I doubt it though. As long as the same politicians keep getting elected nothing will change.

Bob

I think you are missing my point entirely. I am not one to blame inanimate objects at all.
    The OP wants to know why we don't have it. I explained why.

Forkhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    I think you are missing my point entirely. I am not one to blame inanimate objects at all.
    The OP wants to know why we don't have it. I explained why.
    I thought I read somewhere that the only reason suppressors were added to the list originally was due to the concern for poaching of wildlife by people struggling during the depression. I could see them doing their best to protect wildlife at a time when people really were starving. I don't believe it was for any organized crime reasons.

EDIT: I don't think this is an issue at this current time but I can see why they may have made that decision in an era of breadlines.

I cant wait to hunt mafia style on some animals! Truly a sportsman way of harvesting. Kiss the ring animals....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

There is no way using a suppressor is going to allow for additional poaching. If you ever heard a suppressed 308 most people would swear it hears like a ful on gun. The hunting without suppressor rule is ridiculous and simply creates anamosity between residents and hunters.

Images
    What the hell has happened to hunting? Suppressors. ARs. Tacticool gear and camo. I guess Iím a traditionalist. Long bows, muzzleloaders and traps. Thatís where itís at.

For what itís worth, Trapping is silent and deadly....
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com