Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitka Gear: truly quality or for country club turds?

Sitka Gear: truly quality or for country club turds?

Opinions please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

My brother is a cop and in the army so he gets super big discounts on firstlite and Sitka. He says he canít tell much difference between that and Walmart camouflage

Images
    So much about modern hunting is a gimmick. $170 for a pair of Sitka gloves...? Come on... People actually buy this crap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Im a total cheapo when it comes to camo. Whatever is cheapest. But my brother gave me a sitka suit and i absolutely love it. Warmer and dryer than anything i ever wore. That said, youd have to be having a stroke to pay there prices.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Images
    Check out http://www.pnumaoutdoors.com , A good friend of mine swears they are the best clothing hes ever had for hunting and he has always purchased great clothes in the 30 years he's been hunting. Lifetime warranty!

I've window shopped Sitka but the prices hurt to even look at. Cabelas and predator camo have worked for me just fine. I am a regular to the bargain cave when I'm in need of some gear.

Iím still wearing an old pair of polar fleece bibs and jacket my dad gave me years ago. As for light stuff I keep buying the same browning pants and top in mosey oak bottomland. For base layer I have an old thick pair of under armor pants and top and a pair of cabelas base layer pants and top.

I got a killer deal on Cabelas snow camo a few years ago, waterproof and actually too warm to stalk in. For early fall/spring, mil surplus with dyed burlap strips, sort of a ghillie look.

I'm a ski patroller so I have base layers, so far Terramar is the best I have used. And for socks, find at all cost, Alpaca wool socks, your feet will thank you.

Images
    I'll buy some sitka gear when I'm done paying off my yeti cooler.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Never used Sitka. Last camo I bought was in 2003. Realtree I think, from cabelas. Still using it. My next "camo" will be wool plaid.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.