Thread: HELP! New to Turkey Hunting

HELP! New to Turkey Hunting

Hello! I'm new to turkey hunting and I don't know where to hunt in Connecticut. I am from New Haven County, but can travel. Does anyone know private land I can hunt on? I've heard state lands can be extremely difficult. Thanks for the help!

You think hunting for turkeys on state land is tough, try getting someone to tell you where there's private land that's accepting new hunters.

Good luck though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

State land is doable. I get at least 1 every year on state. Get out there and start. Good luck
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellersrobe View Post
    Hello! I'm new to turkey hunting and I don't know where to hunt in Connecticut. I am from New Haven County, but can travel. Does anyone know private land I can hunt on? I've heard state lands can be extremely difficult. Thanks for the help!
    Im not a big turkey hunter. I would start with trying to find an experienced Hunter at your club or the Connecticut NWTF. I'm sure that the NWTF has uniting seminars in the spring. Cabelas in East Hartford has seminars in the spring as well if IIRaC

Hopefully Passinthru63 will see this and comment as he is active in the Connecticut NWT. He also has a blog called Passinthru Outdoors.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Sellersrobe View Post
    Where are you in New Haven County? I am there as well, can give you some insights if you like...

Quote Originally Posted by gregbastek View Post
    Where are you in New Haven County? I am there as well, can give you some insights if you like...
    Yeah I live in North Branford.