Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pie bald doe fawn

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images

Pie bald doe fawn

That was what I was watching for 20 minutes or so, when I spotted the first buck of the year. She was a pretty little thing. If she had been an adult doe, I would've shot and had her mounted. White face, ears and back of head. But, 30 yards behind her from a different direction I saw an antlered buck. I gave 3 quick grunts and he put his head up erect. He was looking at the pie. Then he thrashed the nearest bush. Once that was done he came right to me, stopped at 40 yards in the open and turned almost totally broadside. POW, and he was on the run. I sent another shot his way, but missed. The second shot wasn't needed. There was no blood trail that I could find which had me a little concerned, but when I got to the last spot I had seen him, there he lay.
    It looks like I will lose this property due to owners getting divorced, it will be listed for sale next week. So with that, combined with not seeing many deer this season, I didn't hesitate to fill my buck tag.

Attached Images Attached Images
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    There it is! Persistence pays off. Congrats Brian! Awesome buck. Nice way to close out a piece of property if it's loss is inevitable.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Too bad about the property, but meat in the freezer is good. Nice buck to boot
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Nice work!! Thanks for sharing the story. Iíve yet to see a piebald in person.

Images
    Congrats Brian! Awesome buck great post
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

nice buck congrats

Nice buck!!! Congrats

Images
    About time you ran out of bad luck. Congrats on your buck, he's not too shabby.

Congrats hes nice! how far did he run and what caliber?