Thread: What are you thoughts?

What are you thoughts?

So got in the stand for 6am, at 630 hear a buck doing some rubs and making some scrapes and does a half circle around me before light. Plan for tomorrow is bring in the grunt tube and maybe put out estrous. Is that too much and just shut up and wait? What do you guys think? I think I'm set up like 60 yrds from his bed if he was coming around that time.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I have no confidence in scent drags, etc. But a doe bleat or subordinate buck grunt might bring him in, if he's still around. Don't call to early, you don't want him to come in while it's still dark.
    Good luck.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    I have no confidence in scent drags, etc. But a doe bleat or subordinate buck grunt might bring him in, if he's still around. Don't call to early, you don't want him to come in while it's still dark.
    Good luck.

So if same scenario happens, I'll grunt later in the day or just not use anything

Images
    At this point, don't do anything.

If he is coming to you see what happens tomorrow.

If he is still out of range, go back at noon and make a mock scrape 20 yds from your stand with buck urine where he faces away from you and the wind works for you.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    At this point, don't do anything.

If he is coming to you see what happens tomorrow.

If he is still out of range, go back at noon and make a mock scrape 20 yds from your stand with buck urine where he faces away from you and the wind works for you.

Yea just checked the wind for tomorrow and it might be blowing at what I think is his bedding in the afternoon so I might just do a morning sit and like you said do nothing and just hope he shows up at sunrise to his bedding area and nor a half hour before twilight like sat. Does it make sense to think that the rain today might keep them out a hair later feeding and coming in later to bedding area? I'm assuming we are at the chasing phase of the rut, does everyone agree?

Images
    The edge of a severe weather change is always good for seeing deer activity so if the rain stops tonight they will be up on their feet. I'm starting to see scrape being made. But not chasing behavior down here yet.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Rut activity? Sheesh, im not even seeing deer activity. Awesome your even seeing anything.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---