Thread: Shooting hours question

Shooting hours question

I couldn't find literature anywhere but I was wondering if waterfowl shooting hours start at 7am on 10/21 like everything else does? Or is it still half hour before sunrise?

It is all in the migratory bird hunting guide. That's available at ct.gov/deep under the hunting tab. Legal changes every day. Find the sunrise/sunset table.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    It is all in the migratory bird hunting guide. That's available at ct.gov/deep under the hunting tab. Legal changes every day. Find the sunrise/sunset table.
    Yes I've seen that. However on the 21st legal shooting hours start at 7am then reverts to half hour before sunrise. I'm just wondering if waterfowl is subject to this or if it's only for small game etc.

Mick im not sure where you are looking but like mountain man said look at migratory guide. Your over analyzing it. Sunrise is 7:08am on the 21st give or take a minute or two depending on where you are in the state. So 7:08 am, minus 30 minutes, shooting like for me would be 6:38 am for waterfowl. Good luck! What part of the state are you headed? I may be going out but not dure yet, been a couple years since ive hunted waterfowl hardcore, having a young child isnt easy lol