Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still early?

No question a slow day in stand still better than a day at work. Tonight will be my first time this year sitting until dark. Temps not ideal.

Images
    I have been seering deer and shooting them with my video phone, lol. Passed on a bunch of does with skippers and 4 smaller bucks. Came close to a big boy last week. He was in range but it was dark. I thought he was a coyote he came in so fast, head low. I kissed at it becuase it was on the otherside of cover between us. Then it took off and I saw the rack and whole picture, but didn't blow. Not a lot of fresh buck sign showing up yet. Where I hunt we have had 2 years of Gypsy Moths wreaking havoc on the trees. This year, no acorns. Still early , things will change...
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Images
    Depends on if you get one in the mood to play. I got a decent 10 pt on state land on the ground calling blind he came in really fast and aggressive it was oct 25 . Maybe he was just Ill tempered to begin with . Iíve also had a nice 8 hanging with a spike at fifty yards like buddyís in early November that ignored my calls for twenty minutes. I donít think it really hurts if the deer arenít already on edge just donít go overboard.