Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still early?

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Haven't seen a buck yet, and only 10 does/fawns total over 3 sits. Another 10 or 11sits of seeing nothing.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

I guess I'm lucky in a sense that there's four other guys who hunt the Ninety Acres that I hunt, but I believe I'm the only bowhunter. So I'm the only one running around back there in the early season. I've been seeing tons of movement just most of them are out of range. Didn't see anything but squirrels and Chipmunks tonight though
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer jockey View Post
    Not to hijack the thread from the original question . Any of you guys getting a lot of daylight pics on your cams? For me personally it seems the frequency of daylight pics of bucks have peaked for now and most are trending towards night pics.
    The dreaded "October Lull" as set in. The deer patterns are shifting and we need to shift with them if we want to continue to see them and be successful.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

[QUOTE=stevegauth30;145068]I guess I'm lucky in a sense that there's four other guys who hunt the Ninety Acres that I hunt, but I believe I'm the only bowhunter. So I'm the only one running around back there in the early season. I've been seeing tons of movement just most of them are out of range. Didn't see anything but squirrels and Chipmunks

Iím lucky as well as Iím the only person to have permission on the 100 acres that I hunt. Itís nice to control the amount of pressure. However Iíve yet to see a deer from any of my stands. They are in there,tons of pics. This a.m while doing some recon,I jumped a big boy. Not entirely excited about that but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    The dreaded "October Lull" as set in. The deer patterns are shifting and we need to shift with them if we want to continue to see them and be successful.

Bob
    I agree 100% ! Have to shift to setting up just on the outside of the bedding areas.

I've still got deer on cam during all hours of the day. I just can't seem to be in the stand at the right time. Just yesterday I had a decent 6 point buck at my spot at 0930. Of course, It was the day that I did an afternoon sit at the stand!

hey everyone. I dont really do any calling till holloween. with that being said i do blind calling and have had good luck with it. I love rattling especially the first week of gun season. I shot a nice lone doe yesterday morn in the cool weather that came in to a mock scrape i set up. I had a bunch of pics of her and she was aways alone, kind of weird.
    I am getting decent amount of daylight pics the last hour of shooting light ( all small bucks). Last saturday i had a big buck walk by my stand at 8:30 a.m. when i was in a different town in another tree. this is the 3rd season this deer has been on the property. 2 yrs ago he was a very tall 4, last year he almost looked the same but grew a 5th point on his left side. This year he is a big bodied thick beamed 6 point with small crab claws kind of making him a 8. he has a new white patch high on his back (where back strap is) im hoping he didnt take an arrow. At the risk of burning out the property i am going to spend a decent amount of time there next couple weeks.

12 Point Asteroids Champion, Missile Crisis Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Bloody Pingu Champion, From Start To Finish Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Crack Shot Champion Big Country's Avatar
    Images
    Ya...same here. As far as cam pics, all at night now seems to be....at least for the past 2 or so weeks. Deer sightings are low...Saw a couple on opening day, one was my hit list buck at 8:35 am. since, just two does 70 yds out last Saturday.... They are there though. Patience is key on these slow October days.....Hang tough...

Images
    They are in my food plot every night 8 pm last year i had 15 hitting it during the day now its 3 doe and one dink of a buck.sat all morning until 11 tree rats were busy, nice morning to be out heavy frost ...
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

I'd still rather be out and see nothing then working or at home.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---