Thread: Cabelas 5% Military Discount

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images

Cabelas 5% Military Discount

I just saw this and I thought that I would pass this along for other veterans. The approval was very fast.

Bob

Cabelas is now offering a 5% discount on retail, phone and online purchases to active military, veterans and retirees, National Guard and reserves of our Armed Forces! Exceptions include: Boats, trailers, tractors, tractor attachments, outboard motors, all-terrain and utility vehicles, gift certificates, gift cards, licenses, services and fees.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...iscountProgram
    Last edited by Horizontal Hunter; 10-10-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Probably not the right thread- but I have a code/Cabelas bucks for $20 off $100+ cableas online - expires 10/17.

If anyone is making a buy and can use it, PM me. 1st PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    I just saw this and I thought that I would pass this along for other veterans. The approval was very fast.

Bob

Cabelas is now offering a 5% discount on retail, phone and online purchases to active military, veterans and retirees, National Guard and reserves of our Armed Forces! Exceptions include: Boats, trailers, tractors, tractor attachments, outboard motors, all-terrain and utility vehicles, gift certificates, gift cards, licenses, services and fees.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...iscountProgram

Thank you. I signed up this morning. After a few general questions, I just needed to supply some documentation, a DD 214 with the SSN blacked out. It was approved in a few minutes.

The good news is that it actually works and does not seem to have any restrictions such as to regular prices. I purchased something on sale and with an additional Cabela's bucks from a mailer. The discount was applied off the top to my entire purchase.

Button Buck
    This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Lowe's mililitary discount

On the subject of military discounts Lowe's offers a 10% discount. There are some easy hoops to jump through but it works.

https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?...d-e66880239a8e

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Hunter View Post
    On the subject of military discounts Lowe's offers a 10% discount. There are some easy hoops to jump through but it works.

https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?...d-e66880239a8e
    In person you can bring your DD214 as proof of service. In Massachusetts the DMV will put your veteran status on your license if you bring your DD214 into the DMV.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    In person you can bring your DD214 as proof of service. In Massachusetts the DMV will put your veteran status on your license if you bring your DD214 into the DMV.

Bob
    In Connecticut There is a way to get your veteran status acknowledged on your driver's license. It seems a bit bureaucratic but doable.

For Cabela's I simply emailed them a copy of my DD214 (SSN blacked out) and then for Lowe's I did their online form and showed them a copy of my DD 214 when I went to my local Lowe's to buy something, a trip I would have made anyways. Anyway a 10% discount is a great way to ensure my business especially when I need tools or appliances. All I need to do is show a card which they are supposed send me or use my phone number.