Thread: Pheasent Dog Trainer

Images

Pheasent Dog Trainer

One of my co workers has a black lab puppy he wants to send to a trainer to get the pup on birds. Told him I was a member on this site and would ask around. He lives in Newtown so he wants someone somewhat near by. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Woodland Kennels in Oxford advertises training for labs and springers. I have heard of them but do not know much else about them.

12 Point
    He doesn't want to do it himself???

Get a copy of 10 minute retriever

https://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Ret.../dp/1572233036

Expensive but I would recommend Quinebaug http://qkdogs.com/

Chris Ruskin is an excellent trainer based out of northern CT. He only takes a few dogs at a time so they get a ton of attention. He's also extremely reasonable.

Pm me if you'd like his contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT HUNTER View Post
    One of my co workers has a black lab puppy he wants to send to a trainer to get the pup on birds. Told him I was a member on this site and would ask around. He lives in Newtown so he wants someone somewhat near by. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
    Jeff English - Woodland Kennels (oxford) is a good place to start. I have one of his springers at my feet right now. He does both labs and springers. His dogs work like monsters in the field.

Might only do his dogs but he should be able to recommend someone if he does.