Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me get my first deer to have meat this thanksgiving

I had problem with

Going into the forest too deep and not getting out correctly. It was risky to get nothing. Off trails seem extremely dangerous and where would I put trail cam? How deep in the forest.

If adventuring into the woods is risky and going off trail is extremely dangerous to you, I advise you start with some basics. Start with small game (squirrel) and stick to stateland spots that have a good trail system to build up your confidence and expand your comfort zone. I don't know your background but perhaps you're someone that grew up in a city or even outside the country that taking off into the woods is intimidating where most of us grew up playing in the woods as kids.

The skill to hunt is a progression and most of us look at it as a learning opportunity each time we go to the woods. You can't expect to have immediate success without building some fundamental skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlyadam View Post
    I almost don't believe these two posts from you are anything other than trolling. Or maybe you are an entitled little snowflake that expects instant gratification with everything, in which case hunting is probably not for you. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am. Just had to say it.
    Now that was low..... i hope santa brings you coal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    This is so awesome
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Somethinggum View Post
    Going into the forest too deep and not getting out correctly. It was risky to get nothing. Off trails seem extremely dangerous and where would I put trail cam? How deep in the forest.
    You need to learn how to navigate in the woods using a compass and/or a gps. There are apps for both for your cellphone. Lots of maps of the public areas on the DEEP website.

It really isnt inherently dangerous. You just need some common sense. The isn't any true wilderness here. All of the public lands are small enough that if you lose your bearings you can just pick a direction and stay true to that direction and you will come out on a road somewhere. Worst case is that you might spend a night in the woods so carry fire a flashlight and making equipment.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...on-basics.html

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

K ty. So I should go to which city to find deer

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Somethinggum View Post
    K ty. So I should go to which city to find deer
    There are deer throughout the state. Look at the hunting areas and pick something that is close and interests you.

http://ctdeep.maps.arcgis.com/apps/w...b929&deepNav=|
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Don't feed the trolls...

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the best post in forever. I kinda wish I had created the fake username and posted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk