Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me get my first deer to have meat this thanksgiving

Help me get my first deer to have meat this thanksgiving

I got my hunting license several years ago. First year I scouted naugatuck and mattatuck but no sign of animals. Wasted time and effort. Went to Durham also. Nothing. I want to get deer license this year and waterfowl such as goose. Where are they guy? Willing to pay anyone in ct to be my location guide 70 dollars to help guarantee my season.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    1st - Welcome to the site.
    2nd - There are no guarantees of killing game while hunting. You get out of it what you put into it. There is lots of info here on this site and a Search feature in upper right corner. Read, read, read....then get into the woods and scout some more. You have to know what you're looking for as far as food sources, tracks, rubs, trails, etc. Pay attention to the wind and then sit and wait in a likely spot. It will happen. Don't forget to educate yourself on what to do AFTER you finally get a shot.
    Ask as many questions as you want, someone here will try to help you. But, don't expect someone to take you by the hand and bring you to a deer. Although, after some time, you may make a friend here that will do that. Good luck this season.

BTW, have you ever killed an animal? You may want to start with easier prey such as squirrels (open now) and rabbits. You can scout for deer at the same time as chasing the little critters.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Closest thing to a guaranteed kill is a guided hunt. Its not $70 though. Not uncommon for one guy to pay $1000 or more for a guided deer hunt that lasts a few days.
    You have to scout signs. IF you are hunting an area that has no indication that deer are walking through, your chances are next to none.

Sorry I posted this on the wrong post. Welcome to the site. State land can be frustrating but if you do the work and put in the scouting hours you will succeed. One thing you might consider is a trail camera that you could put out in spots on state land. Be sure and get a good lock as well. Trail cameras will tell you a lot about a place. If you want an easy guided guarantee I did a quick google search and found you some nearby options. I've never done anything like this but lots of people do. It'll cost a little more than $70 though.

www.pawhitetaildeerhunting.com

www.cherryridge.com/

www.talltinewhitetailhuntingranch.com

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Somethinggum View Post
    I got my hunting license several years ago. First year I scouted naugatuck and mattatuck but no sign of animals. Wasted time and effort. Went to Durham also. Nothing. I want to get deer license this year and waterfowl such as goose. Where are they guy? Willing to pay anyone in ct to be my location guide 70 dollars to help guarantee my season.
    Lmao, this has to be one of the most ridiculous new user posts I have seen here yet.

There are deer on those state land properties, and Durham is absolutely load with deer!

Effort and time are only wasted if you give up... Work harder!
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Images
    I almost don't believe these two posts from you are anything other than trolling. Or maybe you are an entitled little snowflake that expects instant gratification with everything, in which case hunting is probably not for you. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am. Just had to say it.

Maybe a fake maybe not. But once again the hunter looks like an A-Hole with your comments! Come on guys give someone benefit of doubt & if it is a fake post dont come down to there level. Grow up & represent hunting in a professional manor so you dont make us all look like jerks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Maybe a fake maybe not. But once again the hunter looks like an A-Hole with your comments! Come on guys give someone benefit of doubt & if it is a fake post dont come down to there level. Grow up & represent hunting in a professional manor so you dont make us all look like jerks

Tom, the two of us who you are referring too have offered literally 1000's of tips of advice, encouragement, compliments, as well as hunt reports , insight , and kill photos to the site.

I've also met up with more than a few members to help them get started, track deer at night, show them places to hunt, etc...

I have seen guys come here brand new to hunting looking for advice not handouts, willing to do the work, and have watched them grow into excellent hunters. It has been awesome to watch over the years.

But, I cut little slack to people who join up and the first thing they do is ask for the handout / set up for any easy kill.

I take it as an insult to what real hunters are, I work too hard at this to be trolled by the internet hunters looking for shortcuts.

So Tom, you have been here since 2016 and your second post you represent yourself as having wisdom to whats good for the post maker and hunting in general.

Why don't you turn the guy onto your hunting grounds or take him out for a quick kill?
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

I've been watching the site for a few years . I generally dont post but reading this didnt sit well & felt it was making hunters in general look bad. I have almost 30 years bow hunting experience. I wasnt implying anyone take him to there spots esp without knowing him. I wouldnt myself as i also work to hard. My prob was the way everyone assumed he was a fake & then represented hunting in a bad manor. Good for you helping other guys as everyone should help in someway to new hunters. We all started at the bottom! If he was a fake then should just be ignored is what im basically saying. If hes real then no harm helping him without holding his hand to a tree just better to leave negative comments out regardless if its warranted or not

To Dive's point, this guy is missing the fact that hunting is a skill that is earned and not bought. This guy is clearly on the wrong path offering money for "guaranteed hunts" and if he is actually serious about hunting, maybe Dive's words will serve as a wake up call. Honestly the reactions on here are quite mild and he could end up on the receiving end of a less pleasant response if he goes around asking guys like this.

Point is show some respect to the animal you are pursuing and put in the time. Otherwise save your bribes and go grocery shopping. This isn't chest thumping it's just the simple truth.

And $70....... really dude?????? Really????