Thread: First day.

First day.

Good luck to all those going out. Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was || <---this close to going out today but opted not to. I saved 9 days vacation time for hunting season which I can take in half day increments(mornings off). But I decided that there will be better days to go out so I'll sit this one out. Archery season for me starts on Monday (pm hunts after work).

Good luck to everyone.

Good choice. It's hot and muggy out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory on the matter is if I don't want to be out, they don't either.(Hot, sticky swamp A situations).

My cam in my back yard has been showing a 6 point (give or take 175lbs) and a deer with one horn busted off and the other with 2 points(give or take 150 lbs.).

They haven't shown up much this week and I attribute it to the increased temp out.
    Last edited by Mountain man; 09-15-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    I also decided to just sleep in this morning. My only good stand for a SW wind is a mile walk in the woods. Too hot for that hike. Plus I like to work my way in via my other stands. No need to educate the whole property on day 1.
    Good luck today and all season.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

6 Point
    As a rule I have been able to hunt after work on opening day if it were a weekday. Now I do not get home until 530 ish so time is really crunched.

I see that tomorrow will be a warm and muggy one. For some reason the property I have access to does well up until Columbus day or so. After that, the deer seem to disappear.

Ah.. first day.. so wanted to get out early season cause the cams tell me that is when there is the most traffic. Unfortunately my first day was Nov 30th. Thank goodness for a long season. No deer sighted but the tree rats are doing just fine.