Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squirrel Competition

TooMany what do you think? 2 points for 12Ga side by side muzzleloader? Pretty darn awesome. Great job woodsmanA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 Point
    I hope and pray that you wuz wearing buckskins when you were out hunting with that

Awesome Adam - I concur, you need to make your own buckskins

Images
    Took it out again for a quick out-and-back squirrel shoot this morning and hit a black squirrel at maybe 35ish yards. Saw a few others but no shots. Time to scout out some turkeys tomorrow morning and maybe get in a quick turkey hunt this week before duck opener.

Oh yeah, Andrew, beaver fur loin cloths only is how I hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

12 Point
    There are lots of squirrels by me this year - more now than in the past 7 or so years

Spikehorn

2 to start

Got 2 today with my new 28ga Savage 555

Beautiful over under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limited out in MA

Hey guys, as promised in another post, here are squirrels I bagged yesterday with my .25 Marauder. Forgot to take a picture of the first one I got before I processed it. I'm pretty habitual about skinning and gutting critters as soon as I drop them, unless the action is too hot, then it's asap.

And as for cooked, these are from late Sept-early Oct, but:

As for the recipe, it's a work in progress and I wasn't real happy with the results that time, I am trying to sous vide the squirrel rather then par-boiling them before frying in batter (if you're curious I wrote an article about it http://jaysoutdoor.life/2017/10/sous...ried-squirrel/) I'll be trying it again this week though. Once I get the process perfected I will share the recipe

Images
    Nice job with the .25 Marauder! I have the same set up, love how quiet and powerful it is.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    Nice job with the .25 Marauder! I have the same set up, love how quiet and powerful it is.
    Thanks! Couldn't agree more, it is a fantastic rifle for the price, and very customizable with all of the mods out there for it.